Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Morning Thread

Member #:3454
    Good Morning to All. Good hearing from you Nick. You sound like a guy that has a skill set and shop way beyond me.
    Another day with good weather but the wind is blowing like crazy. I have to download TurboTax today and see how big of a check I have to write. I hate doing taxes. Hope everybody has a good day.

Member #:115
    Good morning Trifivechevys! I got our taxes done early this year and all that's left is the filin' and the cryin' as we write another check to the guberment. We need to do something so we don't owe next year. I'm not having any withholding taken from my SS checks, but it looks like maybe I should. And the market is bouncing back nicely the past couple of days....woohoo!

The weather was awesome yesterday and it's already 50 this morning with a high of 71 expected. Then tomorrow more snow. LOL!

Yesterday I sprayed some SPI epoxy on the sanded edges of my front fenderwell lips and I plan to sand that and maybe re-prime them today if they need it. I also sprayed SPI epoxy on my lower liftgate molding and a cover I made for the original heater opening to the cowl while I was at it. Can't wait til I can actually start putting these parts on the car instead of just storing them. I had some epoxy left over so I shot part of the HEMI55 firewall so I can apply some filler around the edges where I welded.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:1653
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Good Morning to All. Good hearing from you Nick. You sound like a guy that has a skill set and shop way beyond me.
    Another day with good weather but the wind is blowing like crazy. I have to download TurboTax today and see how big of a check I have to write. I hate doing taxes. Hope everybody has a good day.
    TAXES! Ugh. I hate taxes.

Registered Member

Member #:3678
    Quote Originally Posted by NickP View Post
    TAXES! Ugh. I hate taxes.
    Hard to swallow the quote from the Holy Bible:
    " Pay Caesar what Caesar is due."

Quote Originally Posted by Florida 57 View Post
    Hard to swallow the quote from the Holy Bible:
    " Pay Caesar what Caesar is due."
    And we all know what happened to him, LOL.

Member #:3454
    I just finished my taxes and need to go get a beer to cry into. I am not having anything withheld from my social security or my small bank pension. I think will just file estimated quarterly this year. Man I hate taxes. I figure at least half of what I pay goes to gubment waste.

Registered Member

Member #:3678

The Old Girl got some Car Show Bling.

We will have to see how long these $16.00 Chinese lights last.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Morning All! I pray your Friday the Thirteenth is a Blessed one. Received the new spherical bearings for the C4 Dog Bones yesterday. Changed the program for the CNC machining and am looking forward to making some chips. More storms on the way.

Member #:115
    Good spring morning everyone. It's a chilly 38 degrees here today with a 40% chance of snow. I got my new John Deere lawn tractor yesterday and assembled the bagger and tried it out. It sure "handles" better than my 30+ year old Montgomery Wards beater I've been using! The steering is light, and it turns on a dime. I'm really impressed with it so far. The only thing I'm not sure about is their new oil change system where you only change a filter canister filled with oil, and you never actually change the oil. I guess it's synthetic and you change about half of it with each filter change. I thought about getting a different model without it but then I couldn't get "cruise control".

Yesterday I sanded the SPI epoxy on my front fender lips using 180 and a stirring stick as backup. It's looking pretty good but I went to metal several places (on purpose) and had to apply another coat....and wait 24 hours to sand it again. No wonder this stuff takes so long. I also sanded the liftgate molding and shot another coat on it as well. I was surprised how wavy it was.

While I was spraying SPI epoxy I decided to completely disassemble the brake setup in the HEMI55, clean the parts again, and shoot a coat on all of the parts to keep them from rusting. I don't know what Steve plans to do with all of this stuff, but at least now it's all coated with primer.

Since I'm not sick of sanding yet I drug out the lower splash pan that goes behind the bumper and blocked the K36 on it. It's looking pretty good but will need one or two more coats of primer in some spots. I had modified this part and removed the big dip for the stock radiator.

Today I'll sand the fender lips again and see where I am with them. I suspect I'll need one more coat of SPI before the K36 goes on.

Last night I finally pulled the box my headers came in from storage to send them to get coated by Jet Hot. I will probably remove them today and try to get the process started. I was embarrassed when I looked at the date on the packing slip.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:3217
    Friday the 13th? Dang... Should we even go outside today???

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast