Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Morning Thread

Member #:3217
    CN: I had a similar problem a few years ago with stock also purchased thru payroll withholding many years before; I didn't even know I still had the stock until the company sent me a letter telling me I had to sell the stock to them as a private venture company had bought all the stock and were taking the company private again. I couldn't find exact records of my purchase, so I 'guesstimated' and submitted the tax return... I figure if I didn't know the gov't probably didn't either... and if they did, worst case I'd have to pay some more tax (or get more back?)..

Member #:3454
    Good Saturday Morning:

It is 38 degrees here this morning. I was supposed to take my Olds to a car show this morning but that is not going to happen. If it isn't fun I don't do it and sitting out in 38 degree weather with the wind blowing is not my idea of fun. I am disappointed since the show is a benefit for the food bank and has over 400 cars with everything from T Models to Lambos. They will probably do good to have 200 cars today. I cut 6 inches off my parking meter stand yesterday and it looks just right now. I have a couple errands I can run now and oldest grandson has a basketball game tonight. Other than that it looks to be a pretty calm day. Hope you all have a good weekend.

Member #:3
    Good morning All ,

Was at the Portland Oregon PIR swap meet the last 2 Days . Rain first Day and Very WET , Friday was really Nice sunny 68
    There was 2 1955 Chevy Nomads one at the PIR track the other was expo center
    PIR one was $5K and needed ton of Parts one at Expo was $ 13.5 But was full of all the Parts for it

We also seen this Nut Case there
    Attached Images Attached Images

1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2023 Ford Super Duty F350 TREMOR
    2019 Corvette Z06
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1935 Ford 2dr Slant back I have 4

Member #:115
    Sid, isn't one of those Nomads Dick's (Hotroddder)? I thought he was taking one there to sell. The one for $13K looks pretty good to me.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:3
    Hello Laszlo,

Yes the 5 K was Dicks , seem like a good start , the 13K IMO was a good deal

Sid

1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2023 Ford Super Duty F350 TREMOR
    2019 Corvette Z06
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1935 Ford 2dr Slant back I have 4

Registered Member

Member #:3678
    Searched for about a month for a topper on a recently acquired truck both new and used.New ones were very expensive due in part to Ford`s tailgate design change, and no used ones could be found that would fit correctly.One company makes them specific for the application but the dealer is 4.50 hours north of me.I was almost going to bite the financial bullet and plan a complete day of driving for the purchase.Then out of no where a free local topper close to what would work comes into the picture.It was missing the important part...the back glass.The kind gentleman helped me load it on my truck and home I went.The search for just a correct back glass became fruitless.I bought for $60.00 an incorrect for my needs topper that had a good back glass, but wrong size which I knew.The tailgate`s design has what is known as a "step",(curves).The correct topper has a built in cover for the step that also seals the back glass to the tailgate.
    I cut the back out of the bought one and grafted it to the free one with fiberglass.I cut and formed from 22 gauge a rough shaped cover and layered it in fiberglass.I cut and drilled carefully an alumn. connecting strap for the cover.Some complaints from people I called selling toppers was that they don`t seal out water well.I cut and glued .25 in. rubber all around the base of topper and clamped it to the trucks bed. Probably a total of 40 hours of labor and $125.00 in costs compared to $1,800.00 plus gas and a day of driving for this topper that is 99 percent sealed.(Would need sideways water to protrude but not uncommon in Florida`s rainy season.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Florida 57; 04-07-2018 at 09:47 PM.

Member #:3217
    You and a little work made that old nasty 'free' topper look very good, Florida...

Member #:1653
    Happy Sunday to ALL!

Registered Member

Member #:2764
    Last week we had highs of 75F. Last night low of 28F and a little snow. Not much snow, but still it's still on the rear deck.

Friday I took the cylinder off the Kubota and wow, I didn't blow the seals, I broke the piston. I could hear metal pieces inside it and one little piece fell out the fitting. Saturday at the Kubota dealer I got a rebuilt or slightly used cylinder and a gallon of fluid at no cost, others told me it wasn't under warranty anymore.
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Member #:3454
    Good Sunday Morning to all. It is supposed to warm up today into the 60's from a high in the 40's yesterday. I have a monthly club meeting with that other brand of car I own today at 2:00. Sunday's are different now that I have retired in that I don't have the dread and anticipation of going to work on Monday. I don't have to worry about all the stuff I didn't get done this weekend because I can work on it next week. I hope everybody has a nice Sunday.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast