Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Morning Thread

Member #:115
    I spent pretty much the entire day Saturday working on tax stuff. I'm happy to say that my stock purchase records were a little better than I thought and I was able to account for all of the shares in my NQ stock account. The ones in my IRA don't matter. . I had to "wing it" a little on the earliest shares so I just used some average prices 30 days before the shares were transferred to my account. If the IRS has a better idea they can tell me. So I spent this morning inputting all the data into a spreadsheet and calculated all my new cost bases. Next month there's yet another spinoff so I'll have to re-figure my cost basis going forward, but it should be easy now. What a HUGE relief this is. I have been dreading doing this for years.

The weather is beautiful again today and it's 55 this morning already, but a little windy. All of the snow from the other day is gone. I may be able to get out to the shop this afternoon for a couple of hours but I also have to go visit my mom later. Have a nice day!
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member

Member #:3360
    Well MN did it to us again Friday night, Sat. morning 1.5in of snow and in the 20's. Sun came out and the snow was gone by 3:00. 2of the grand kids coming over to spend the night. Sunday morning grand kids are still in bed,(10:00) finale sent the dogs in to get them up, that did it. Went Trap Shooting this morning, temp was in the 30's put very little wind thank god. Watched the ball game and the Masters, time to go get a beer and relax. Later

Member #:1653
    New week, let's get something done! Good morning all!

Member #:530
    Spent the day yesterday welding new mufflers into my wifes 59 Apache truck.

Was wondering why it was sounding so aggressive last week.

Think I figured out why...

IMG_4385.JPG
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Registered Member

Member #:3360
    Well another day where we are 20 degree's below normal. It's 30 and spitting white shit the man say's it will be in the 70's Friday I'll believe it when it happens. I'm on my quest to buy a new vice for my work bench. Enjoy today a lot of other people don't have this FREEDOM.

Member #:3454
    Good Morning to all. The sun is out today and the high is supposed to be 69 which is a lot better than the weekend. I have a little paperwork to do in the office this morning and then I will start some of my retirement projects outside. I hope I have attached a picture of my parking meter I mentioned last week. It is nothing fancy but was kind of fun to put together. I hope everybody has a good day and a good week. I just looked at my post and am sorry the picture turned 90 degrees.

Parking Meter.JPG

Member #:115
    Good morning everyone. Spring is roaring in here in CO. We have bushes and trees leafing out, and the forsythias are blooming. It rained last night and it's supposed to be 52 today with a 60% chance of "frozen mix". It's supposed to be low to mid 70's by mid-week.

I was able to get out to the shop yesterday while my wife helped a friend with her taxes. I finally got the fenders, doors, and grille support shot with K36 primer. I think that's the last coat on almost all of those parts except possibly the passenger fender, which I had to "massage" a little and have to block again. Now I have to flip the doors over and block the outer skin one more time with guidecoat, and hopefully I won't need more primer on them. They were blocked while on the car but the lower 4" or so might still need a little attention. I'm just about out of K36 and will need to order more, so I'll just order the rest of my paint supplies with it.

Have a good one.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:3249
    Well, we left for Good Guys in Del Mar, CA last Thursday morning. Drove our 66 Chevelle 443 miles over. Had a great trip, attended the show on Friday and Saturday. Temp were in the 60's. We both got sunburnt. Drove home on Sunday, Bonnie's birthday. It was 90 degrees when we got home. All the rain that was forecast stayed away the whole weekend. Enjoyed dinner 3 nights at The Fishmarket by the Hilton hotel. California prices are crazy. The host hotel wasn't cheap, but the gave us the Good Guys rate for parking (?). Bought some gas on the way over at 4.01, filled up in Del Mar Sunday morning at 3.89, and tried a different station on the way back through California, where they charged 4.29. Glad to be back where gas is 2.49 a gallon.

Member #:3454
    Good Morning All:

Sounds like a good time Buster. Those gas prices are crazy. I don't know how people afford to live in California. The weather is great out there but that state is so screwed up. I have a few admin type things to do here at home today. We are meeting with our investment advisor today to probably make some changes since I am now retired. That crazy cold weather from the weekend is gone. It is a beautiful day today. Cool this morning with the sun shining and warming up later. I wish we could get more people to reply to this thread. There have been over 1,000 views and less than 60 responses. I will give it a little longer but at this point I am not encouraged. Hope everybody has a good day.

Member #:530
    Worked on under dash wiring a bit more yesterday evening...
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast