Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Morning Thread

Registered Member

Member #:3678
    Finally got around to repairing 200 feet of wood fencing in front of my house with a kind neighbor`s help that got knocked down during last years hurricane.

Registered Member

Member #:3756
    Good Morning. First post here.
    Actually I am looking around for an alternative to Facebook stuff and more towards the Usenet I used to use a lot and this semms like it might be a good place to be.
    I have my cars at www.redbelair.com
    55-383, 4 speed
    56-69 350, 4 speed
    Thanks for the opportunity to join
    Joe

Member #:1653
    Quote Originally Posted by brickrow View Post
    Good Morning. First post here.
    Actually I am looking around for an alternative to Facebook stuff and more towards the Usenet I used to use a lot and this semms like it might be a good place to be.
    I have my cars at www.redbelair.com
    55-383, 4 speed
    56-69 350, 4 speed
    Thanks for the opportunity to join
    Joe
    Good morning and WELCOME, Joe! Happy you're here.

Registered Member

Member #:2764
    Good Morning.
    Yesterday I broke my Kubota. Had the loader bucket (with teeth) down pulling backwards and hit something, normally it will just jump over it with a bang. Yesterday it went BANG extra loud. Now when I rotate the bucket up to hold a load, it leaks back down again. Anyway I had called, just curious if this is going to be under warranty and was waiting for a call back which I just got. Looks good, I think it's 24 months and I'm at about 14 months. I think I blew out the cylinder, when I got home I then noticed some hydro fluid near it. I had used it to tear down one hell of a strong shed built 60 or more years ago. What wasn't rotting was tough as nails, and you should have seen the nails. Maybe I should say spikes! Loads of *real* 2x4's, wood siding on the outside and then more 1x6 planks to finish the inside. I did save the siding off one side. It's some really nice contoured stuff and had that ugly fake brick shingle type siding over it. Hope to use it below a chair rail or something inside the house. The dealer is busy as all heck and my grass is growing fast. Said if I have to I can drop the loader there and take the tractor home. What sucks is it's about a 100 mile round trip. Maybe I can talk them into giving me a new cylinder and I replace it myself?
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Member #:3217
    Quote Originally Posted by 55 Tony View Post
    Good Morning.
    Yesterday I broke my Kubota. Had the loader bucket (with teeth) down pulling backwards and hit something, normally it will just jump over it with a bang. Yesterday it went BANG extra loud. Now when I rotate the bucket up to hold a load, it leaks back down again. ...
    ... portions deleted...
    busy as all heck and my grass is growing fast. Said if I have to I can drop the loader there and take the tractor home. What sucks is it's about a 100 mile round trip. Maybe I can talk them into giving me a new cylinder and I replace it myself?
    I've been successful with that argument on several new cars that had an issue (both with Chrysler and Chevrolet)... lots better than the round trip (twice) for you, and taking a chance on the mechanics screwing something else up (at car dealerships)... Good luck!

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Today I am playing "hurry up and wait" for the phone to ring . I took my Bobcat to shop to have the Loader Control Valve rebuilt. This thing left an oil slick that would make the Exxon Valdez proud everywhere I parked it.

Member #:3454
    Good Morning All:

Welcome Joe. Glad you joined. I am still a fairly new member but starting to feel pretty comfortable here. I am glad you have taken part in this thread. I look forward to hearing from you.
    Sorry about the tractor Tony. Two of those trips will be a time consuming pain.
    I finished my parking meter stand yesterday but it is too tall at 58 inches. I am going to cut about 6 inches out of the post and I think that will look better. Then is need to tack weld a nut on the bottom so assembly will be easier. Youngest grandson has a UIL concert at 1:00 today and the oldest one has a basketball game tonight at 8:00. I am glad I can make these now that I am retired. I have a car show to go to tomorrow but it is going to be cool with a high of 55 degrees. I realize for some of you that would probably be a heat wave.

Have a good day everybody/

Member #:115
    Good morning America! In true Colorado springtime form it's 32 and snowing like crazy this morning but the high is supposed to hit a high of 46 so it will be gone in no time.

Yesterday I spent WAY too much time on personal taxes. It's a good thing that there's over a week left to get them in and that I didn't procrastinate like we usually do on them. We use Turbotax every year so it's usually pretty easy. The problem this year is I have taxable distributions from two spinoffs from Hewlett Packard Enterprise which spun off from Hewlett Packard Company in 2015. Compounding the problem is that my HP stock was bought over more than a couple of decades in employee purchases every quarter, some acquired from stock option awards and service awards, and there have been multiple splits in that time. Also I've transferred the stock from the original transfer agent to my brokerage and have sold some over the years, so I have NO FRICKING IDEA what my cost basis is, and I need to know that to figure my cost basis for the most recent taxable spinoff. I knew I'd have to deal with this some day, but didn't expect it this year. I have all my records....in a folder....that's about 2" thick. Guess I'll have to make a best effort swag and call it good.

I managed to get out in the shop in the afternoon and finished welding and grinding the HEMI55 firewall. I also did some more work on the brake assembly and bolted it in to check the final fit of all the parts. Just a little more minor machine work to do today and that part will be done.

I can't seem to get to priming the Nomad parts.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    I finished my parking meter stand yesterday but it is too tall at 58 inches.y/
    About 20 years ago I bought about 20 parking meters from a town that finally replaced them that year. They take PENNIES only, that's how old they are. Anyway I fixed, painted and sold all but 1 for myself which has sat in a shed since I moved here going on 15 years. Anyway, I found a neat way to make table top stands. Just go buy a PVC floor drain, throw out the screen part, turn it upside down, paint it, and the meters fit right on top! Back then I sold them for $100 a piece. I was slow with work so although I put too much time into them, at least I made some money when I had no other work to do.
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    I've been successful with that argument on several new cars that had an issue (both with Chrysler and Chevrolet)... lots better than the round trip (twice) for you, and taking a chance on the mechanics screwing something else up (at car dealerships)... Good luck!
    I'm glad you posted that! I just called and he said no. Then I gave him a sob story about the 100 mile trip twice and he checked and said he didn't have one in stock but I probably just blew out the seal and he will order a seal kit. Then he said I can bring him just the cylinder and he can rebuild it while I wait! Great, I can take the car instead of the van, trailer, tractor and only make one trip. Hope all goes well, he will call me when the rebuild kit comes in. I'm going to double check where it's leaking to make sure that's the problem. I've never done hydraulic work before but if the bucket does dump and come up again but leaks down, I'd think it would have had to blow a seal? Anyone know? If not a hose, there is the valve and I'll check for a leak there.
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast