Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Morning Thread

Member #:115
    Hope everything is going well Nick. Sounds scary.

I got the lawn fertilized Sunday and my wife started complaining about all the dandelions in the back so we went to Tractor Supply and picked up a 20 gallon tow-behind sprayer. So I spend a couple of hours spraying pretty much the entire lot with 2,4-D. I didn't turn the sprinklers on because they were forecasting high 20's later this week, but now nothing lower than 33.

Looks like the 74 degrees forcast for today isn't going to materialize either.

This morning after checking out the stock market I finished up a pair of my hollow door hinges and got them shipped. Now I'm going to try to finish sanding my parts and see if I can get them into the final coat of K36....at least SOME of them!!
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:2442
    It was the White weekend from hell up here in Wisconsin. (truly the great white north right now) It snowed all weekend starting late Friday until late Sunday evening and we have had more flurries today. Amherst, WI recorded the highest snow totals of the weekend at almost 33" of snow. Amherst is just a few miles east of our house and Ellis, WI had 28.5" which is a few mile north west of us, so we had to fall somewhere in that range. It's hard to tell exactly how much because of all the blowing and drifting. Now I just heard there is a chance for another 3 to 5" on Wednesday. We might finally get some highs near 50 by this weekend. I sure hope so. Enough is enough already!!!

Member #:3454
    Good Afternoon Guys. I had to take my wife for two root canals this morning. She has a real fear of dentist and it has taken me two years to get her to a dentist. That was a huge step. Nick I hope your father in law does a quick recovery. bigblock I mailed my check to the gobment today. I figure about half of it goes to waste and government inefficiency and the other half is actually used. Then when we get back I have a notice of reassessment for the appraisal district that my value was going up about $24,000. I guess it is better to get it all over with in one day. Custer I did see where you guys got like 18 inches of new snow. I can't fathom that. I hope everybody has a decent day. It is a very nice day in Dallas.

Member #:1653
    Good morning all. Short update on FIL. Seems to be doing much better. Scans and other test today, hopeful for good results. Many thanks for the well wishes.

Member #:530
    Best wishes (and a prayer) for your FIL's recovery and health Nick. May the Lord watch over him.

And I too sent my "build the wall" money into the Feds, and my "build the bullet train" money into CA. Worst day of the year for me...brings up all kinds of negative feelings about working my ass off and not being in any control of anything anymore and watching the elected leaders squander it. Yes on the wall (only because it sends a clear message about rampant illegal immigration) and NO on the train (because we need to spend money in our state supporting the legal folks and for systems that increase fresh water supply for the 40 million people who are here). Go ahead now, rip me up guys.
    Last edited by WagonCrazy; 04-17-2018 at 07:18 AM.
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Member #:3217
    I e-filed mine last night at 11:35 pm... also emptied my bank account with the same action!~

Registered Member

Member #:3360
    I agree with the wall but if we had made a gov. with any ba##s we wouldn't need it. Something that has always pi#* me off is how do some people get back more money then they paid in during the year anyway we are still getting flurries today. I think Mother Nature and the IRS love marking it depressing some days. Well I'm going to look at the bright side I'm above ground and the BEER is cold. Have a Good Day!!

Nick, glad the father in law is stable. Thought and prayers are with your family. Wagon, I love California but I honestly don't know how hard working tax paying folks live there. I remember Jerry Brown from the 70'. He was crazy then and it doesn't look like age has helped him. Bama I hit the send button on my e-file late Sunday night. I had the taxes done Friday and even though I didn't have to send the check until yesterday, I didn't hit the send button until Sunday night. Now I need to file quarterly estimates. If I don't do that I will get hammered with penalties when I file next year. Hope everybody has a good day.

Member #:115
    Good morning guys!

Yesterday was busy....I got the hollow door hinges shipped, came back into the house and got a call for a set of seat mounts. I put them together and they're ready to ship today. I can't believe how many of them I've sold recently.

After futzing around with my engine yesterday and re-booting the PC 3-4 times to fix runtime errors, the starter quit working. So I decided to quit messing with it and pulled the headers off. They're boxed now and going to Jet-Hot in OKC today and they should be back in a little over a week. In the meantime I have to figure out why my starter quit engaging. I ordered a new disc drive for my other XP PC too so I can hopefully get something that works without all the problems I've had. Now I'll have to get the OS software. It's always something.

We've been sitting on our taxes for a few days and finally e-filed them last night along with our slavery payment. Got the CO taxes filed and we get a refund, partially off-setting the FED taxes. Jerry Brown is a moron....that's about all I have to say about him. I don't understand why DOJ isn't charging and prosecuting some of these government officials for obstruction of justice or something. They have to be breaking some laws by refusing to cooperate with the feds and warning criminals when ICE is coming. Glad to see the sane people in Commiefornia finally revolting against the government.

I shot a big 6 point bull elk on the first morning of my first ever elk hunt when I was 16 years old. I've been storing the antlers for decades, and a couple of years ago I got a nice 6 point bull in New Mexico so I decided to have it mounted with the antlers from my first elk. I got the shoulder mount back a couple of weeks ago and it won't fit on the wall. The right antler hits the wall and is actually about 2" into it. Now I have to get the taxidermist to fix it somehow.

I still haven't gotten a call from my painter. I texted him over a week ago and asked him to call me about my Nomad, and he said he'd call when he gets a chance. I have a bunch of questions and need to get a material order in so I'll just send him and e-mail and ask him to reply to it. Hope this isn't a sign . I got the fender lips sanded smooth and now they're ready for K36 if I have enough left. I'll try shooting them today.

We're heading up to Montana this weekend to visit my daugher-in-law and her husband and to look at a few properties, so I have to get it all set up with some realtors. That should keep me busy for a couple of days.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Good Morning Everybody:

Another day of good weather today in Dallas. Not too much on tap today. I have a couple matters to tend to and then oldest grandson (15) has a UIL concert at 1:00. It is a big deal and it is nice to be able to attend now that I am retired. I am liking this retirement thing. Have a good day everybody.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast