Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Morning Thread

Member #:3454
    Mine is a GT-18 and it originally had an 18 horse Onan engine on it. You could get all kind of implements for it back in the day. I could have bought a pretty good new tractor for what I spent on the Vanguard engine but it was such a good old tractor I hated to scrap it. I guess it is kind of like an old Chevy.

Member #:115
    Maybe when I buy my Montana land I'll get a "real" tractor to do the stuff I need to do up there. For now I have 2.3 acres and mow pretty much all of it. The new Deere is the E150 with a 22 HP V-twin and a 48" deck. It's a little bigger than the 42" Wards mower I was using so now I'll finish mowing quicker. I actually kinda like the mindless mowing job once in a while.

Been working on the 502 this morning trying to figure out my spark timing issue, and I think I found it. I hate glitches that corrupt data. I sure like the way it sounds now better than it did. When I first started it up it sounded like it does now, but somewhere along the way it somehow changed.

It's a pretty cool 49 and windy today, but we never did get the snow they forecasted. Now it's supposed to be in the 70's on Monday.

Glad you're safe Nick!
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Mine is a GT-18 and it originally had an 18 horse Onan engine on it. You could get all kind of implements for it back in the day. I could have bought a pretty good new tractor for what I spent on the Vanguard engine but it was such a good old tractor I hated to scrap it. I guess it is kind of like an old Chevy.
    Our John Junks have 18 hp Onans, mine is going to get a Vanguard in the future. A 318 has front and rear Hydraulics and power steering,

Registered Member

Member #:2764
    I sold my 3 bolens and all but 1 attachment. A 4' sickle bar cutter. I thought I posted this and some other stuff before so if you see it and I don't, just ignore this.

My Kubota has a 23HP Diesel and the most quiet mower deck I've ever had!
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Member #:3249
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    8 hours? Are you mowing a state park or something? You seriously wax your mower?

John Deere seems like nice equipment. Glad mine has cruise control and a beer holder.
    LOL! 5 acres..........yes, I wax my mower. Mine doesn't have cruise control, but it has 2 beer holders.........

Member #:115
    Spent most of yesterday power raking the yard and sucking up the grass with the new John Deere. I put the new "high lift" blades on it that came with the bagger, and they sure improve the suction. I only bag the grass from the lawn around the house, about 15,000 square feet. The rest of it is brome pasture grass, so I just let it lay.

Today I have to fertilize the lawn and turn on the sprinkler system. Hope there's no leaks.

I ordered a Genie 1 1/4HP garage door opener with "Alladin Connect" for my new shop. The door is 18x8 with insulation and interior panels so I figured it needed a big motor and it wan't that much more $$. The Alladin Connect will alert me on my cell phone if the door gets opened while I'm gone, even if it's opened manually. I hope it's not too far from my wifi router.

Supposed to get to 58 today, and finally NO WIND! Have a great day.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:3454
    Good Morning All:

It is a beautiful day here to day with no wind but it was 40 degrees when I got up this morning. That may not be cold for some of you but for Texas that is dang cold for the middle of April. For the second Saturday in a row I cancelled on a car show yesterday because it was too cold. If it had not been for the wind I probably would have gone. I am too old to go sit and stand out there and freeze my butt off and tell myself I am having a good time. It is like playing golf in crappy weather and saying you are having a good time. Not too much on tap today. I have some work to do in my office and I have to bathe the dog. My wife and I may take in a movie this afternoon. Hope you all have a too day.

Member #:3249
    Today, it's about 90 degrees. Had a friend come by and we did an oil change on my lift, and worked on his cruise control on his 72 Chevelle. Then, put my 66 Chevelle up on the lift and cleaned off 900 miles worth of bugs from our run to GoodGuys Del Mar last weekend, planted a new naval orange tree............and now, it's beer 30.

Member #:1653
    Tough morning so far Deby woke me up at 5AM saying she got an email from her Dad needing help.. Arrived to find him completely disoriented and unaware of where or who. He's better now and beginning to recall things better. If time allows, prayers needed.

Registered Member

Member #:3360
    Nick sorry to hear about your father-in-law, hope he recovers. Been raining here since Sat. night, about 3in so far, they say we could see some white shit again, played golf Fri. it got up to 86 then you get this again. Towards the end of the week they say it is to get back to the 60's and something called sunny? Getting ready to write the checks to that spending minding government that we all know spend this money in our best interest, but I see parts I will have to wait to buy Everyone Have a Good Day

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast