Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Morning Thread

Member #:3454

Good Morning Thread

I am a new guy on this board but not a new guy to posting on boards. There is another board I have been on since 2006 and have over 5,000 posts on it. It is a very active board. One of the things I notice on here is the lack of people posting. There is a thread on there called the Good Morning Thread. People just post what they are going to do that day and what they have planned. I have not been a part of it but I will now that I retired last Friday. This is my attempt to start the same kind of thread here. It can be brief as "I am going to the dentist today" or I am pulling my transmission today. If folks on here are interested, they will post on this thread. If not, the thread will just fade away. Although it is not tomorrow morning, I will go ahead and start my first post.

Since I was forced into retirement (hey I am 71), I will be filing for the Cobra on my dental insurance since my wife has some unfinished dental work. I will then file for unemployment since I was actually laid off. Then I will start on the bucket list of things I plan on now that I am retired. I have to say I am excited about being retired. I have a few things I have to complete before I start on my 57. Right now I am just collecting parts and spending money.

I posted this in the wrong forum. Hopefully it can be moved.

Member #:115
    We had a thread like this a while ago, but it fizzled out.

http://www.trifivechevys.com/showthr...vechevy-thread

Hopefully we can keep one or the other going. Some guys here don't seem to want anyone to know what they're doing on their cars or anything else.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

It sure seems that way. I have been surprised how few people post on here. I will post on this thread every day and see if it gets going. If it doesn't then I guess it is not mean to be.

Registered Member

Member #:3360
    I try to at lest read here every day. Mother nature played a BAD prank on us for April Fools Day, 3.5-4 in of that white shit. No golf today , weatherman said it was to be 45-50 and sunny? Man how do you get a job were you don't have to be right and make BIG MONEY!!! oh well heats on in the garage this will also be a good day.

Today I have to finish my state taxes for both of my part-time businesses and then get to our federal taxes. Hopefully this stuff will be easier next year. Next I need to get my Colorado big game applications in, one of the 7 states I apply in each year. I've started on building another 7 sets of Eldorado seat mounts and I'll work on them a little today too since I've been selling so many of them lately. There's always so many things that need to be done.

Getting back on the Nomad I have been working on it pretty regularly. I still need to touch up one spot on one door edge and I'll be ready to turn them over to block the outer skin one more time. It's been unbelievably time-consuming to get these doors where I want them to be. I've done some blocking work on one fender with guide coat and found out I had a low spot right above the center of the tire. I thought primer would take care of it but ended up using a hammer on it to raise it. There's a little sanding I need to do on the fenderwell lip, which I'm having difficulty getting "perfect", or at least good enough that I feel comfortable with painting it. So it will need another coat or two of primer before I can call it done. I've blocked my custom upper grille support a couple of times and I think it's ready for a final coat of primer.

We had my Mom and my kids over yesterday and they wanted to see the chassis and hear the 502 run so I fired it up for them. I think none of them believe I'll ever finish this car. I really need to get the headers off and sent to Jet Hot. It's on my list of to-do's for the week if I can get to it.

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    retired too, everyday is a Saturday!
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Today is my first day of retirement and so far it has been good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Today is my first day of retirement and so far it has been good.
    I retired 5 1/2 years ago the same month I turned 59 and I'm busier now than I was before I retired.

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Registered Member

Member #:532
    Long day at work today so no time to work on the old 57. I did manage at lunch to order some stainless pieces I’m missing. My first time to work with Concourse Trim, I hope they’re a solid company to do business width. Anybody have any experience with them?

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast