Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Chevy 210

Member #:3775

Chevy 210

Have chevy210 4 door with no post that has one original owner. The seats are smelly , needs new paint job, and oil leaks everywhere. I thinking to upgrade seats to something nicer for long trips. Any suggestion. Do I understand right that the Cadillac El Dorado seats will fit? Thanks to anybody that can give me some advice.

Registered Member

Member #:625
    I would get your frames restuffed , nothing wrong with the way they set when done right.

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    hi and welcome. good to have you here.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Member #:115
    If you want bucket seats the eldorado buckets fit nicely. The stock bench seat is fine for a restored car but IMO leaves a lot to be desired. It depends on what you want to do with the car.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member

Member #:571
    I have ridden in a couple of trifives with stock type seats where you feel like you're sliding around on the seat, and actually need a seat belt to keep you where you belong, even in normal driving. I've also ridden in several that were very comfortable, did not have that feeling. A good upholstery shop will know what to do, IMO it is a function of their work, good or bad.

Registered Member

Member #:2643
    Quote Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
    Have chevy210 4 door with no post that has one original owner. The seats are smelly , needs new paint job, and oil leaks everywhere. I thinking to upgrade seats to something nicer for long trips. Any suggestion. Do I understand right that the Cadillac El Dorado seats will fit? Thanks to anybody that can give me some advice.
    The Eldorado bucket seats will fit if you make or buy custom mounting brackets. They will not bolt in without them. Also, there are some wires you'll need to figure out in order to get the power features to work.
    Dave, from the old neighborhood in Jersey!

Member #:115
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitchin'57 View Post
    The Eldorado bucket seats will fit if you make or buy custom mounting brackets. They will not bolt in without them. Also, there are some wires you'll need to figure out in order to get the power features to work.
    I edited my post to say they’re not a bolt in but for some reason it didn’t change. Posting from a phone is kind of a pain. The wiring is really simple. Red to 12v, black to ground. Small orange wire on drivers seat to 12v. That’s all my seats need to work and the driver seat has memory.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:3454
    That 57 210 4 door hardtop is a pretty rare car. If it is in really good condition you may want to give second thought to changing the seat. Of course it is your car and you should do what you like with it. JMHO.

Banned

Member #:2941
    My thoughts exactly. A good upholsterer should be able to put new foam in to replace the original stuffing and add side bolsters and lumbar support under new covering and make it very comfortable for you.

HB