Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mecum Nomad Auction

Registered Member

Member #:2764
    Quote Originally Posted by 55 Rescue Dog View Post
    It is like way too many overdone show cars with way too much lipstick, that serve no function. The tires, and wheels were a total waste of money on that car, and the car is not designed to be driven hard, or even driven. Low, show, and slow.
    I agree. If someone gave me that car, I'd drive the hell out of it. Have some fun. What's the sense in that motor if it's not going to be used? Probably a trailer queen. May as well put it in a glass box so it doesn't get dust on it.
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Registered Member

Member #:625
    I actually agree with you 100% Tony , I have several buildings full of cars and not a show car in the bunch. However most of them have made passes down the 1/4 or 18 and are turn key.

Registered Member

Member #:1806
    There are many people that have very expensive cars built just for show, and don't plan on driving them much at all, and others who just want to drive a rat rod and do nothing to make it look better. Then there is (us) inbetween these two groups of people that just want to fix a car our own way and enjoy it. This hobby is very versatile and there is room for everyone, so I just don't know why there is this obsession that makes you guys want everyone to like the same thing you like. They spend their own money to build---or have built---what ever they want, so live with it.

I thought it was good news that the nomad brought such a bid somewhere away from the high rollers that go to the BJ auctions.

Registered Member

Member #:3018
    Quote Originally Posted by LEE T View Post
    This hobby is very versatile and there is room for everyone, so I just don't know why there is this obsession that makes you guys want everyone to like the same thing you like.
    I concur... if everyone liked the same thing this world would be a pretty boring place... I'm all about modernizing older vehicles and introducing newer technologies, but I still appreciate a period correct "hot rod"

Registered Member

Member #:625
    I challenge any of these guys to drive their car 125 miles on a 98 degree day, race it that night, lean on it and drink beer until 2 a.m. in the motel parking lot, attend car show next day and drive it home that night. Been there done that with several of my cars CC Nats, Power Tour, Super Chevy etc.

Banned

Member #:2775
    If I was ever shopping for a the fastest, coolest new car on the planet, and they wasted money on polished, billet, high dollar hood hinges, I could easily walk right on bye.

Registered Member

Member #:2764
    Quote Originally Posted by 55 Rescue Dog View Post
    If I was ever shopping for a the fastest, coolest new car on the planet, and they wasted money on polished, billet, high dollar hood hinges, I could easily walk right on bye.
    Yes, those hood hinges caught my eye also. Again, they don't go with the flat firewall at all. And yes I know everyone can do what they want to do with their cars, and I have the right, and a trifive group on which I'm allowed to voice my opinion. Just as anyone can voice their opinion about my low budget build that I normally drive more than I work on it.
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Registered Member

Member #:4017
    You have to understand a Nomad like that green 56 was never intended to drive it. The car was built to win shows. Not to be driven on the street. That is a different type of ownership. I recognize that for what it is, a piece of jewelry. I’m not saying that is what floats my boat. But somebody’s boat. I try to make my cars nice but not jewelry. I want them to be drivable real cars. Yes my cars are detailed chassis but not chrome bling. Just well done clean cool cars no excess chrome. Understand the more ya drive them and the more the use you put on them is going to show as some form of degrading. But why the hell have something you can’t use? Enjoy your car how ever you want.

Registered Member

Member #:3682
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    Nice car but it's certainly not "lowered 6"". I've always wonder how you run an engine with those stacks and without an air filter on them. I guess you screen out the bugs and don't worry about the dirt.

p.s. there's a pedal missing.
    this is how I've done it with individual runner Hilborn on the 66 chevy II I recently built....

Matter of fact, they came from a guy making them in your neck of the woods Laszlo

66chevyII 4.jpeg
    Last edited by TrifiveRichard; 12-19-2018 at 01:15 PM.

Member #:3217
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmvette View Post
    You have to understand a Nomad like that green 56 was never intended to drive it. The car was built to win shows. Not to be driven on the street. That is a different type of ownership. I recognize that for what it is, a piece of jewelry. I’m not saying that is what floats my boat. But somebody’s boat. I try to make my cars nice but not jewelry. I want them to be drivable real cars. Yes my cars are detailed chassis but not chrome bling. Just well done clean cool cars no excess chrome. Understand the more ya drive them and the more the use you put on them is going to show as some form of degrading. But why the hell have something you can’t use? Enjoy your car how ever you want.
    I totally agree! Bless you Gmvette..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast