Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Classic Edge Designs, LLC Prime Custom Cars, LLC MadMooks
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sanctuary cities

Member #:1653
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachGirl55 View Post
    to clarify, my original comment was meant as a joke.......and NOT meant towards any religion what so ever....
    To comment; I didn't take it as such however, I never joke about God. We all have our convictions, ideas, likes, dislikes, loves and life to live, your passion is yours as mine is mine. We gather here for a common goal, share, learn and discuss the hobby. Peace be with you.

Registered Member

Member #:571
    Religious comments aside, it's good to hear that there is notable resistance to the insane policies of the CA government. But I think it's a lost cause, at least in us geezer's lifetimes.

Registered Member

Member #:2764
    Wow, that is one proud AMERICAN. And he speaks fluent English also. We really do need to make English our national language.
    My Father came here with his parents when he was 5 years old to flee Germany from taking over their lives. He was very proud to serve us in WWII also.
    My Mother was born here but her parents where also immigrants. I made a comment months ago that we should close our borders, but if they did things now like they did things back then, I could handle immigrants today. I can't stand Trump as a person, he talks like a teenager and tweets like one too. But he does have some good ideas. I'm really surprised he hasn't brought up English as our national language.
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Member #:2941
    When dealing with translations into various other languages, at times the original intent of biblical text is lost in the translation(s). Especially translations of translations of translations. Always best to go back directly to the original Hebrew or Aramaic text. Pride in this context (listing of the '7 deadly sins') refers to pridefulness (negative). Not to taking rightful pride in a thing (positive).

Similar misunderstandings occur when the 10 Commandments are (mis)translated. One example being the rendering in English...... 'Thou shalt not kill' for instance. The original Hebrew text reads 'murder', not 'kill'. There being distinct differences in the shedding of innocent blood (murder) as opposed to killing in order to protect one's self, one's family, one's nation when at war or when carrying out the execution of a person convicted of a crime for which their life is forfeit (capital punishment). Unfortunately, in incorrectly rendering the English translation of the original Hebrew text as 'kill' rather than 'murder'...... Many people with good intent have been mislead into believing that this commandment requires of them a pacifist worldview. When it does not.

FWIW, there are actually 613 mitzvot (commandments) set down in Torah, some of which cannot be accomplished until the Holy Temple is one day rebuilt on the Temple mount in Jerusalem.......

http://www.jewfaq.org/613.htm

Now regarding so-called 'sanctuary cities'...... I would ask this...... As it is against the law to harbour criminals anyway (illegal aliens in this case)...... Why the hell aren't those public officials who openly defy the law simply arrested and brought to trial and if found guilty, removed from office? No new laws need be passed by Congress to address this. Simply enforce existing laws which have been on the books since the time of our nation's founding. Similar to laws that other nations routinely enforce, including those from which the great majority of illegals residing in our country originate. All it takes is a little resolve...... Backbone...... Huevos....... Cajones...... Beitzim. Problem solved.

Just my dos centavos,

Harry
    Last edited by enigma57; 05-25-2018 at 02:13 AM.
    'G-d Bless The U.S.A.'...... Lee Greenwood......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_5aoptI5j0

Member #:3217
    As Harry said:

"Now regarding so-called 'sanctuary cities'...... I would ask this...... As it is against the law to harbour criminals anyway (illegal aliens in this case)...... Why the hell aren't those public officials who openly defy the law simply arrested and brought to trial and if found guilty, removed from office? No new laws need be passed by Congress to address this. Simply enforce existing laws which have been on the books since the time of our nation's founding. Similar to laws that other nations routinely enforce, including those from which the great majority of illegals residing in our country originate. All it takes is a little resolve...... Backbone...... Huevos....... Cajones...... Beitzim. Problem solved."

I agree... All that is required is for local, state, and federal officials (elected or appointed/hired) to DO THEIR JOBS... and it helps if citizens DEMAND that they do their jobs rather than condoning them not doing their jobs!

Registered Member

Member #:625
    No use for these so called cities or the type people who support them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12