Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brake conversion

Registered Member

Member #:625
    I have never used anyone's kit just brackets because I have a supply of VG OEM rotors off early 70s Chevelle and Monte. Just add reman calipers and 74 Z28 hoses. Total cost ends up around $150.

Member #:516
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I have never used anyone's kit just brackets because I have a supply of VG OEM rotors off early 70s Chevelle and Monte. Just add reman calipers and 74 Z28 hoses. Total cost ends up around $150.
    Mark,

what are the reman calipers off of? I have GM Metric calipers on the kit I just bought, it didn't come with hoses so I was wondering what to use. Thanks

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    Mark,

what are the reman calipers off of? I have GM Metric calipers on the kit I just bought, it didn't come with hoses so I was wondering what to use. Thanks
    You can do it two ways, I prefer to use larger early 70s Monte calipers {non metric} and longer Camaro hoses. If you have brackets for Metric calipers I would start with 1985 Olds Cutlass stuff.

Member #:516
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    You can do it two ways, I prefer to use larger early 70s Monte calipers {non metric} and longer Camaro hoses. If you have brackets for Metric calipers I would start with 1985 Olds Cutlass stuff.
    Thanks Mark, I bought the whole shabang with Metric Calipers, late 70's early 80's rotors, 2in drop spindles and I need to figure out what hoses to use. I may just order them from Mcnaughteys.

Registered Member

Troy, I would bet that if you went to local parts house and looked at a mid 80s Cutlass, Monte Carlo or 2wd S10 you would find a hose that worked.

Member #:1653
    For the sake of the website and keeping things in some semblance of order, I think that rather than hijacking a thread, regardless of the similarity of ones personal experience, it's probably best to start a separate thread of your own.

Registered Member

Member #:571
    That's fine but we have also lost any continuity on the original question which was pretty vague anyway - which prompts discussion of similar topics that could be OT to some. Sometimes things just turn out that way.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123