Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: My Wife's '56

Registered Member

Member #:571
    Wow, surprised that the original stuff was that thick. Nice work.

Member #:615
    After repairing the frame I sand blasted it and sprayed with SPI epoxy primer.
    I cleaned and primered the suspension parts and installed new brake and fuel lines. I also added a rear shock bar and zero offset disc brakes on the front.

CP21.jpg

CP27.jpg
    Last edited by Tabasco; 07-02-2018 at 01:57 PM.

Member #:3217
    Outstanding Tobasco! It appears better than new....

I haven't had much to report on the car lately. I finished the last of the body work. That is not very exciting or photogenic. I bought some Slick Sand 4 weeks ago. Then we got a record hot July. I didn't want to spray that stuff when the temp in the shop started a out at 80 degrees and went up to over 100 before noon.

The temps got cooler this week and I sprayed the Slick Sand. I am now doing what I hope is the final few blocking sandings. I hope to get the car painted this fall and reassemble it over the winter. Then maybe we will be cruising next spring.

Registered Member

Member #:3682
    Great progress over the last few months, looking good, Tabasco!

Thanks Richard. Actually it has been progress over the last few years. I didn't mean to mislead anybody and have people think I did all this as i was posting it. I took the car apart a couple of years ago for a quick paint job. But once I changed that to a frame-off it was slow going. I was still working a job, working on the car on the weekends and taking care of life's other responsibilities.

This year I retired and I have more time to work on the car. And I have more time to post on the internet. So I posted what I have done since I started.

Registered Member

Member #:3682
    Body-offs take a while, don’t they? Looks like you’re doing a a great job, and will have a very nice trifive when done. Being retired also, it still takes me about 4 years to build one from bottom up.

In the last month I finished the body work and block sanding of the outside of the body. I cleaned and primered all the misc. stuff like radiator support, radiator side panels, splash pans, brackets and braces.

The firewall, door jams, bottom side of the hood, inside of the trunk and the dash have already been stripped and primered. They just need final sanding.

Before sanding the dash I drilled the holes for the OEM style AC dash vents. It is interesting drilling a large hole in curved sheet metal that has a double layer seam in the metal. It worked out well.

So I am making a little progress. I hope to paint it this fall.

Registered Member

Member #:3477
    Nice work Tabasco!

And I love the wires on your chassis.

S

I usually like to paint between the temperature of 70 and 90. I was glad I would be ready to paint in October because the average temperature is 70 to 90 and average number of days rain is 4. This month we have had a record amount of rain fall in the DFW area. Most days it has not gotten above 70 degrees. So I haven't got to paint yet. I guess I should be shopping for a heater.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast