Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shop Changes

Member #:615

Shop Changes

Recently I have made improvements to my shop to make working in there better.

First, I had a 30 x 20 car port installed over the outside of my overhead doors. It keeps the sun out of my shop, allows me to keep the doors open when it is raining. It also and gives me a place to do dirty things like sand blasting and stripping paint in the shade. And gives me a place to do clean things in the shade like car washes and waxing. I have a couple of lawn chairs under there so I have a shady place to take a break.

Here is what my shop looked when I had it built.

1.jpg

Here is the cover.

Shop 1.jpg

Shop2.jpg

Member #:1653
    Cool! Looks like it was always there

Also, A few years ago I built a wall to separate a third of my shop from the main area. I used that area for storing two cars and a 40 year collection of trifive parts . That area could be kept clean while I did wood working, grinding, welding, body work, spraying primer, etc. in the main shop area.
    100_0232.JPG

7.JPG

Recently I realized that when I do decide to paint a car, my main shop area would not be the cleanest place to do it. So, I redid that clean area. I moved my stored cars and parts somewhere else. Then I replaced peg board with sheetrock. I further divided the space with a wall. Now I have a tool room, about 10 x 20 and a paint room, about 20 x 20. I added 4 new windows for more natural light, added another air drop and installed LED shop lights. I’m still plan to install exhaust fans.

Now I just have to get the car ready to paint and I have a space to do it in.

Shop3.jpg

Shop4.jpg
    Last edited by Tabasco; 06-10-2018 at 11:34 AM.

Registered Member

Member #:571
    Nice job on making the shop be what you need it to be.

Registered Member

Member #:3682
    Looks great, nice work! So does the 56 drop top.

Member #:3217
    Great looking shop Tobasco! I LIKE it.... especially the shaded porch area..

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    you did good, great man-cave. good place to hide from your honey, never find you in there.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Registered Member

Member #:3018
    Shop is looking good... I'm trying to figure out a way to add functional covered space on my property as well... too many variables, not enough time to focus... maybe next year I can wrap my head around it

Member #:3249
    Nice shop! I added a metal awning to the front of my shop, too. You are right, keeps rain out, actually keeps the shop a little cooler. I used to have the beer frig by the overhead door and it had to work much harder to keep beer cold when the sun was shining on it. Mine is 24 x 30........24 x 20 for the work area, 24 x 10 for the storage, hot water heater, frig, utility sink, oven for powder coating...........and it has a heat pump.....so, warm in winter, cool in summer. My 4 post lift is on a slab next to the shop, outdoors. If the weather is crumby, that job on the lift waits until tomorrow.

My garage is a different building from my work shop. It has an office, a full bath, full kitchen and washer and dryer. My work shop is where I make all my messes.

I have called a few air conditioner companies to see about installing central air/heat in the two new rooms I just added to my shop. After I told one guy what I wanted, he told me didn't have time right now to do a small job. Another guy made an appointment and then never showed up. One guy showed up. He told me he would email me an estimate in one to two business days. That was two weeks ago and haven't heard from him.

So this week I put another window in my tool room. I am going to put a window AC unit in for the summer. Maybe if call these guys in October when their business is slow, they will be more likely to take my money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast