Thanks. Before the distributor started getting worse and worse, I was running AC 42's and they were burning nice. Then with the AF gauge addition and setting the carb richer, I changed to hotter 43's. Then after a while they started looking too cold. I didn't know what was going on with the darn distributor and went to 44xt's and they still looked bad. The porcelain was medium brown and I think they had soot on the base of the threads. Now those same plugs cleaned themselves with the only change being the distributor. I can probably go a notch or two colder now. If I do, then is it a good chance I can advance the timing a bit? Maybe best I wait till the timer at the track is working.

Most of the plugs are hard to read because some time ago I thought I had a knock and was using off the shelf octane booster which turns the plugs orange, now that orange is a sort of bright yellow. Turns out the noise was not pre igniton, hell I can't even recall what it was now? I had changed 1 and 2 so I could read them without the orange crap some time ago. I'm just so fricken happy it runs like it should again. I've heard MSD RTR's called Ready to Quit, and now I have a little round circuit board that agrees. I think I'll hang that little bastard on the wall with the oil pan baffle that the spot welds broke loose.