Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from South Louisiana

Registered Member

Member #:2764
    Welcome CamTra. I like your 56, but of course I see them here all the time, so I'd like to see and hear about your truck also. I almost had a similar year dodge truck, back in the 70's my brother wanted to trade it for the 55. The 55 isn't much to look at and didn't run at the time, but the truck was all original and running. It was green with black fenders. I always wished that at the ripe old age of 15 I could have bought the truck too!
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Member #:3
    Welcome to the group CamTra

you have some nice Rides , I like the 38 PU

Thanks Sid

1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2023 Ford Super Duty F350 TREMOR
    2019 Corvette Z06
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1935 Ford 2dr Slant back I have 4

Member #:3865
    Quote Originally Posted by 55 Tony View Post
    Welcome CamTra. I like your 56, but of course I see them here all the time, so I'd like to see and hear about your truck also. I almost had a similar year dodge truck, back in the 70's my brother wanted to trade it for the 55. The 55 isn't much to look at and didn't run at the time, but the truck was all original and running. It was green with black fenders. I always wished that at the ripe old age of 15 I could have bought the truck too!

Thanks again guys. Sorry about the late response. Work had me tied up the last few weeks. I've added several more pics of my old '38. I always enjoy talking about this old girl. I didn't want to ruffle any feathers. Some sites are strict about only talking about Tri-Fives. But here's her story:

I've always wanted a classic car. I thought I always wanted a 1st gen Camaro (and still do) or a Tri-Five. But while raising 4 kids my budget never fit for it. I promised my wife I wouldn't use the "house" money for my hobby's. So I worked several turn arounds here at my plant and save me around $15,000 to purchase my first Classic car. I have several buddys that told me to make my first Classic one that was driving and done and don't get fooled by the TV shows and think that I can restore one like they do. So as many of y'all may know, $15,000 won't buy much in the way of a 1st Gen Camaro. So a friend of mine told me about a truck his brother was trying to sell for one of his friends real cheap and was running and driving. He told me he thought it was a Ford. Well I'm not a Ford guy, but I figured I'd look and if it was cheap enough maybe I could flip it soon and up grade. Well when I went to look at it this black beauty had a blue Bow Tie staring me in the face. So long story short, I negotiated with the guy and purchased the truck for $11,000. No wit wasn't perfect. It was a farm truck they went got in Kansas and brought down to South La and restored it. It has some title issues as it is titled as a 1937 but it is clearly a 1938 3/4 ton. And they said it was running hot. So I drove it a few times and it over heated on left me twice. So I had another buddy that was a mechanic and we noticed that they had a electric fan on the front of the radiator but it was blowing away from the radiator. So we crossed the wires and I haven't had an issue with her since.

She is all original except it has been converted to a 12 volt system for the electric fan. Like I said earlier she's actually a 3/4 ton as you can see it has a long bed. 4 speed manual with 1st being a granny low. Starter pedal still on the floor. Original 216 block. She is a Joy to drive for a little while as long as you keep her around 35-40 mph. LOL I take her to Cruisin the Coast event every year down in Mississippi in October and probably but 100-200 miles a day for a whole week with only body aches as problems as she has original bench type seat with no lumbar support, no power steering, no power brakestruck9.jpgtruck8.jpgtruck7.jpgOld truck.jpgtruck 2photo.JPG. But this year I plan to take my '56.

She is a looker and I think the guys didn't know what they had and hell, I didn't know what I was buying. But since then I've turned down $25-30,000. I hope to keep her in my family for ever because I just like original vehicles. I hope no one makes me a ridiculous offer because everyone has a number but I know I'd miss her as soon as she would leave.

Banned

Member #:2941
    Beautiful truck you have there! Wouldn't change a thing.

Happy Motoring,

Harry

Member #:3
    Great Looking Truck ,
    Same here I wouldn't Change anything.

Sid

1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2023 Ford Super Duty F350 TREMOR
    2019 Corvette Z06
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1935 Ford 2dr Slant back I have 4