Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Classic Edge Designs, LLC Prime Custom Cars, LLC MadMooks

Thread: Collector Car Appreciation Day

Member #:615

Collector Car Appreciation Day

The US Senate proclaimed today as Collector Car Appreciation Day. So I went out and appreciated my '57. I went to town, got a haircut, went shopping at Harbor Freight and Lowes. I picked up a prescription at the pharmacy. Then I hung around Texas Customs and Classics in Weatherford to see what they are working on and do a little car BSing. Then I realized that it was 95 degrees and my car isn't air conditioned, so I went home. It felt good driving about 50 miles today.

Did anyone else do anything to celebrate the day?

Member #:3217
    I wish you'd reminded us yesterday.... but I did work on installing my Holley mid-mount system today...

Registered Member

Member #:2764
    Well I did drive to the track, then to the gas station and home and back to the track again. It's nice the track is only about 1 1/2 miles from my house. EXCEPT when the "big boys" come and I'm trying to talk to someone on my front porch. It's probably less than 1/2 mile away as the crow flies.
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Member #:3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    The US Senate proclaimed today as Collector Car Appreciation Day. So I went out and appreciated my '57. I went to town, got a haircut, went shopping at Harbor Freight and Lowes. I picked up a prescription at the pharmacy. Then I hung around Texas Customs and Classics in Weatherford to see what they are working on and do a little car BSing. Then I realized that it was 95 degrees and my car isn't air conditioned, so I went home. It felt good driving about 50 miles today.

Did anyone else do anything to celebrate the day?
    Thanks for the heads up ,
    I knew Nothing about it
    On the top there is a Calendar any member can add Car events and special days

Thanks Sid

1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2015 Chevy HD2500 duramax crew Cab LTZ
    2013 Ford Edge Limited
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1934 Plymouth PE Coupe

Registered Member

Member #:3896
    I had no idea Collector Car Appreciation Day was a thing. I'm going to have to make a reminder in my calendar for next year.

Member #:615
    I found out about it from SEMA Action Network. http://www.semasan.com
    It is free to sign up. They send regular emails about laws going on in the country and states concerning our cars. They were the ones who pushed congress to have a Collector Car Appreciation day every year.

Member #:2941
    Thanks for the heads up Tabasco! I had no idea this existed. Have been busy having operations and collecting hard to find parts for my car and completely missed your initial post here.

I'll make a point of hugging my Chevy every July 13th and do something special (either work on or drive the old girl) that day.

Happy Motoring,

Harry
    'G-d Bless The U.S.A.'...... Lee Greenwood......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_5aoptI5j0