Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Classic Edge Designs, LLC Prime Custom Cars, LLC MadMooks
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Three Californias???? A ballot measure to decide that... :)

Member #:115
    The California Supreme Court on Wednesday blocked a proposal that would split the state into three from the November ballot.
    The court wrote that it took the step “because significant questions have been raised regarding the proposition’s validity and because we conclude that the potential harm in permitting the measure to remain on the ballot outweighs the potential harm in delaying the proposition to a future election.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...er-ballot.html
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

You can see my 56 Nomad build here http://www.picturetrail.com/chevynut

For affordable C4 Corvette Suspension conversions for your car, visit http://www.classicedgedesigns.com

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax

Member #:3817
    Quote Originally Posted by WagonCrazy View Post
    Said the native indians when white people in wagon train's started coming from the east couple of centuries ago...

People movin' around...claiming what they can see. That's the human history on this earth.

But it's different for me, when it's "illegal aliens" from other countries showing up and squatting (because the collective will won't boot 'em.)

Legal Americans should be able to move between states at will...isn't that allowed in our constitution somewhere?
    Of course it is, but there's something that used to be known as "respect for others". When collective droves of others whether legal or otherwise move into someone else's yard it don't take much to reach increasing levels of disrespect. That term applies to all people in your statement.

If a job, military, or family situations demands a move that's one thing, and perfectly understandable. But to move into another turf just to take advantage of better conditions accrued and fought for by the residents there isn't very respectable to those same residents whatsoever. This especially applies to those illegals who break a country's laws just by stepping over a sometimes invisible line. If conditions are so bad in anyone's yard why can't they fight those bad conditions alongside their brethren instead of cowardly invading and taking advantage of someone else's hard work? Seem selfish? Yes.

Registered Member

Member #:571
    Maybe I'm reading your position incorrectly - but as a US citizen I have a right to live in any state or city I choose to. Large groups of people moved to California in the 30s to escape the Dust Bowl. Large groups of people moved to Detroit from the south when the automotive industry started to boom. All looking for a better opportunity, and for the most part they got it. Now they are fleeing California (and New York and New Jersey). Nothing wrong with that. If you are in a destination state, you can complain about their politics, etc., but not their right to do it. Actually the same with everyone who migrated legally to this country from any other in past or current times. That's part of the American dream and freedom.

On the other hand if they migrated illegally, then that's another story.

Member #:115
    US Citizens have the right to move anywhere in the country, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. The ones I hate are the ones (like most liberal Kalifornians) who move somewhere and try to make it like the place they left. Then they complain about all the people moving there and try to push anti-growth crap that's really just disguising their rabid environmentalism. I plan to move to Montana and I plan to "blend" into their Montana culture, which isn't a lot different than what I grew up with in Colorado. They can have their liberal bullshit and traffic jams here in Colorado as far as I'm concerned. The good part is I'll probably sell my house to some Kalifornian for multiples of what I paid for it.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

You can see my 56 Nomad build here http://www.picturetrail.com/chevynut

For affordable C4 Corvette Suspension conversions for your car, visit http://www.classicedgedesigns.com

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123