Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Classic Edge Designs, LLC Prime Custom Cars, LLC MadMooks
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Three Californias???? A ballot measure to decide that... :)

Member #:3817
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    Since you don't believe in posting your location in your profile, I have no idea where you're from. What I do know from my trips to Montana is that it's a pretty damn nice place across most of the state. South Dakota, Montana and Utah. I really have no desire to live anywhere there aren't mountains, and don't like a lot of people especially libtards. Montana I believe has the best quality of life for me and the things I like to do. We gave up on one property we've been trying to buy for a year after making three offers and have expanded our search in the state. We're going up on August 1 for a week to look at a couple more properties in the west-central part of the state. It's more expensive for land in the western part of the state but you get more mountains and water. I just want to live and be left alone to do my thing.
    I'm NOT hiding anything although I should I guess. I live in Cal. I didn't feel like going through a big rigamarole when I signed up here. I love this state geographically but the idiots running running this place is driving me nuts just like you feel about your state. I could run off to some other place but I feel it's important to stay and fight this bs as best as I can. I also feel that I don't want to impose myself on other peoples area by moving there and adding congestion and so forth. Selfish people always justify and explain away their reasons but it all starts with one then two three hundreds and thousands then tens and hundreds of thousands and all of them have the I'm going to take advantage of that and the it's just me mentality.

I have deep family ties to a section of your state that goes back long before I was ever even a sperm. It was always a pleasure to go back there to visit. The last time I went to your state though was a disappointment I won't forget. The Denver area has become almost as bad of a joke as any of the cities right here. Some stores I stopped at had employees that can't even speak English. Now even that whole state seems to have embarrassed itself just as bad as my state has done. In my state it's about to become even worse when that Newsome guy gets elected and thanks to throngs of idiots he will. If I thought Jerky Jerry was bad this guy is even worse.

Anyway I didn't mean to offend you about my Montana recollection. I was just relaying what I observed there. It really took me a-back. As I said I had a whole nuther deep seated outlook on what that place and it's people would be like. As I should have surmised though things are going to hell everywhere in this nation including there.

Hell the damn non-English speaking invaders are even in Alaska and Maine of all places. Just for fun I'd like to hear them try to pronounce Kennebunkport a couple of times. LOL!

Good luck with your plan. Make sure you post pictures of your intended location please. The territory between Missoula and part way into Idaho was some of the most beautiful land I've ever seen. It would be cool if you end up around there somewhere.

Registered Member

Member #:571
    The territory between Missoula and part way into Idaho was some of the most beautiful land I've ever seen.
    Very true. Made a trip to a seismic crew north of Missoula but just south of Kalispel back in the 80s. Great looking country. But much of the mountainous west is beautiful country, they don't have a monopoly on that. Flew into Butte on the way up - great, interesting view looking out the window of the plane over the cliff at the airport there.

Maybe I'm missing on stuff, but it seems if you don't like the "progressive culture", don't live in a city. Anywhere. Go at least semi-rural. Perhaps I'm spoiled living in TX though.

As to the hot/cold discussion, I'll buy into the humidity argument with the heat. But when it's cold, the air can't hold much water. The difference between feeling cold or not is the wind IMO when the temperature drops below freezing. I will admit I've felt warmer at 5° above on the north slope of Alaska on a calm sunny day than what I feel at 40° in Houston with wind and rain. But I was dressed differently too.

Member #:3817
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick_L View Post
    Very true. Made a trip to a seismic crew north of Missoula but just south of Kalispel back in the 80s. Great looking country. But much of the mountainous west is beautiful country, they don't have a monopoly on that. Flew into Butte on the way up - great, interesting view looking out the window of the plane over the cliff at the airport there.

Maybe I'm missing on stuff, but it seems if you don't like the "progressive culture", don't live in a city. Anywhere. Go at least semi-rural. Perhaps I'm spoiled living in TX though.

As to the hot/cold discussion, I'll buy into the humidity argument with the heat. But when it's cold, the air can't hold much water. The difference between feeling cold or not is the wind IMO when the temperature drops below freezing. I will admit I've felt warmer at 5° above on the north slope of Alaska on a calm sunny day than what I feel at 40° in Houston with wind and rain. But I was dressed differently too.
    "Semi-rural" only stays that way for a while around here. What starts out as charming soon turns into a disaster as more and more invaders arrive. I don't want to be one of those.

Registered Member

Member #:2764
    Quote Originally Posted by solidsguy View Post
    "Semi-rural" only stays that way for a while around here. What starts out as charming soon turns into a disaster as more and more invaders arrive. I don't want to be one of those.
    Buy a place with acreage around you, my choice is woods. I'm only on 5 tiny acres and that's enough ... most of the time. Quite often wish I could have afforded 50 or so acres of woods with mountain views. I have the mountain view but I'm taking some trees down to make it better, plenty of other trees to hide the ones I cut. I'm pretty happy here and Lowes and Walmart are only 1.5 miles away.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234