Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Time to send in Reinforcements

Registered Member

Member #:3477

Time to send in Reinforcements

Just a moment to let those dealing with Cancer know that we have your back.

I recently became aware of a program to support those dealing with cancer, and their amazing caregivers. The program provides empathy and support for those dealing with this awful disease. With great support from my Company we are working towards offering this great support program to our folks.

Its an opportunity to fight cancer in yet another way.

For all those dealing with the Big C; just a moment to say dont give up. You are not alone in how you feel. We know that sometimes when you look well outside that inside you may not feel that well. We support and honor the amazing effort that you give each day just dealing with hassles of everyday life while carrying the burden of the disease.

We have your back. We always have your back.

S.
    Last edited by scorpion1110; 07-14-2018 at 12:41 PM.

Member #:3249
    Scorpion,
    I was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer 9 years ago. I've been thru 4 surgeries, 2 heart attacks (chemo drugs induced) and, since my surgery last Friday, have a total of 8 stents.
    Through it all, one thing I've realized is that it takes three things to get thru this.........great medical staff, a positive attitude, and boatloads of prayers.
    Five and a half years ago, my wife had a heart attack, and they discovered then that she had stage 4 lung cancer. She had no idea. They told me if chemo worked, she might make it a year, if it didn't, she had a month or two. Shows how much they know.......we both sold our business and retired the end of last month.
    Cancer isn't necessarily a death sentence, it can be beaten. I pray every day for everyone going thru Cancer, it isn't pretty.

Registered Member

Member #:2764
    Yes indeed, sounds like a great cause. I have two sisters that survived breast cancer. My girlfriend had a big hole cut out of her leg, but then they had to make a bigger deeper hole. Don't really know how she got skin cancer on the inside of her lower leg. They said she doesn't need any other treatments which was a giant relief for both of us.
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Registered Member

Member #:2764
    Buster, it sounds like you've been through a hell of a lot, you and your wife. God bless you both.
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Member #:3
    The BIG C word ,

My Dad got it in 1994 and also was a sick man with work related COPD . All I can say he stayed STRONG and Lasted Till July 04 2007 The Big C did not kill him the COPD did

RIP DAD

1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2023 Ford Super Duty F350 TREMOR
    2019 Corvette Z06
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1935 Ford 2dr Slant back I have 4

Member #:530
    Thanks for your warm thoughts and comments Scorpion. I am not affected (personally...yet) by cancer, but am surrounded by friends and acquaintances who are or have been. So it's humbling to see such a kind post on the topic here. Best wishes to any of you who are dealing with this, and as Scorpion says "keep up the fight".
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Banned

Member #:2941
    Thanks to all here for your kind words and well wishes for all who have had cancer. Having had 2 surgeries to remove cancer from inside my ear canal 8 years ago, I wholeheartedly agree with Buster regarding the three things needed to get through this. Thanks, Nick and all who supported me with your prayers and support during that time.

We must be supportive towards one another and together, we will fight this terrible disease and never give up that good fight.

G-d bless you one and all,

Harry