Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: took my hayden fan off --coming backstock fan

Registered Member

Member #:2764
    I just ignore laz's posts anymore. I have them blocked so I don't see them. Most of them aren't worth reading. Likes to criticize everyone if they aren't building a state of the art car. Some of us like old school. That's why we like old cars! Some of us can only afford old school, that's cool too. Some people can't fix anything old so they buy new. There is room here for all of us, unfortunately enough room for those who laugh at anything old.
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by bsa_bob2 View Post
    I gave in on the electric fan anyway,no more than guys drive these trifives ...stainless flex sounds good to me. i have afew of them
    There is a big airflow difference between different flex fans. If you look at Summit, look for "heavy duty". I think this is what I have: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/der-17018/overview/

Earlier you said your spacer would have to be very long, can you move your radiator to the V8 position?

Also check the rpm rating for any fan you use/buy. There are a lot of them that are not rated very high rpm. Remember your engine drive pulley is larger than the fan/water pump pulley, so your fan speed will be faster than the engine rpm's. Mine is rated for 10,000rpm.
    If you don't know the rpm rating, throw it out. The first one I bought I never thought about the pulley ratio and thought a 7,000rpm would be plenty. No it never let loose, but that is probably how flex fans get a bad name.
    Last edited by 55 Tony; 08-03-2018 at 02:23 PM.
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Member #:2021
    Tony!I checked out your refferal on Summit,Thats the flex fan i have desginated to this 355 Exactly.thanks Tony for the tip also bob s

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by bsa_bob2 View Post
    Tony!I checked out your refferal on Summit,Thats the flex fan i have desginated to this 355 Exactly.thanks Tony for the tip also bob s
    Just yesterday I was trying to move my motor a bit and it ended up with the fan hitting the radiator support, I'd suggest getting the 17" instead of the 18" to be sure. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/der-17017/overview/
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12