Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: took my hayden fan off --coming backstock fan

Member #:2021

took my hayden fan off --coming backstock fan

Ispent 3 weeks trying to figure out the wirning for 1 -16" fan .So iam trying to find A shroud [danchuk] type $109.00 one would be good. Hayden sent me a free kit for this one i have. so will sell or trade it/Guy warned me about letting this new 355 get hot then it boils, no good --to many times like this Any help will be greatly appreciated,like to find one used; new; whatever but not from fla. $34.00 shipping is out of my league. if you know what i mean i live in Mich bob s

Registered Member

Member #:2764
    I have a 6 blade 18" steel and stainless steel flex fan (yes I know, don't warn me about flex fans, I'll replace it every so many years (and stainless will not fatigue nearly as easily as aluminum)). It's about 5/8" from the radiator with no shroud and the 454 runs cooler than it did with any other fan and shroud combo I tried. It's also the most quiet fan I've had and comes with no wiring hassles.

When a blade comes through the roof, or cuts my hand off I'll post pics. (it may take longer with only one hand). If it kills me I won't be able to tell you about it.
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Registered Member

Member #:625
    I spent $200 on a custom made aluminum shroud for my free 18 inch 1970 Chevy truck with AC fan, I run 165 on the highway in 100 degrees Never over 180 idling in traffic. No regrets here.

My setup is the fan has a 2-3" spacer therabouts and 5/8" from the radiator is really a correct distance. but mine would need a lonnnng spacer- and that makes it not an option.therefore a good shroudis in order byt why must they be 1000 miles from Michigan.Iwill find away to get on up here from fla,California probably not. 55 chevies are harder to build that 1932 fords jmo bob s

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I spent $200 on a custom made aluminum shroud for my free 18 inch 1970 Chevy truck with AC fan, I run 165 on the highway in 100 degrees Never over 180 idling in traffic. No regrets here.
    That's very cool, mine runs about 10° warmer. What motor do you have and/or do you have a crossflow radiator? My rad is the stock looking aluminum two 1" row core.
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Quote Originally Posted by 55 Tony View Post
    That's very cool, mine runs about 10° warmer. What motor do you have and/or do you have a crossflow radiator? My rad is the stock looking aluminum two 1" row core.
    1965 Impala 396 punched .060 with a Portel crossflow rad.

Start your own post Tony!!

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by bsa_bob2 View Post
    Calm down, it was about engine cooling and it just may bring replies that will help you.
    Last edited by 55 Tony; 07-28-2018 at 04:51 PM.

Member #:115
    Quote Originally Posted by bsa_bob2 View Post
    I could also tell you about my 4000 CFM dual 12" Derale Electric fans with 2-speed control via a Dakota Digital fan controller, but I won't . I'm sure someone would say it's too modern, or too complicated, doesn't perform well, or find something else wrong with it, and never answer your questions or help you find what you need.

This is how things often go....a guy asks a question and a few others have to post some irrelevant BS about what they have and how it performs.

Not sure why it's so hard to wire an electric fan. Pretty simple stuff, and maybe you should have asked for help on that before you changed your mind. If you want to re-visit that option since you already have the parts, we can probably help you wire it up. Anyhow.....

It might help if you put a "wanted" ad in the classified section if you know exactly what you want, which it sounds like you do. That help might prevent all the irrelevant posts too. Maybe.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

I have had trouble with some ill-working parts. So i am a little more out there- than normal. get so many different answers it becomes a large headache. But Laz if you want me off ? . .I apoloigise.many things going on with family right now, so might had bearing on my post, kinda sorry i haven't been here much

I gave in on the electric fan anyway,no more than guys drive these trifives ...stainless flex sounds good to me. i have afew of them
    Last edited by bsa_bob2; 08-03-2018 at 12:57 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast