Update:

Still messing with the final fab of the firewall. Lately I've gotten the mastercylinder-brake bracket mounted in, and put the hydroboost on to check fitment. Everything seems to fit OK. I'm now starting to figure out the clutch mastercylinder & rod alignment and how to fab a bracket and mount it to the firewall. What you see in this pic was designed and fabbed by the previous owner, where there was a 7" vacuum booster in play. it may still work, but I need to check the clutch pedal movement and make sure the clutch rod will engage enough (but not to the point that it bottoms out on the MC or it will break it...it's plastic after all).

And I discovered after reinstalling the Ididit steering column (that came with the car when I bought it), that it's about 2 or 3 inches too short. doesnt fit thru the firewall enough to get that bottom mount on. Aargh...need to get a longer one I guess. This was originally intended to mount to a CPP500 on the stock frame, and a vibration dampner style ujoint. This steering column is a 30 inch unit. I need a 32 or 33 inch unit to extend all the way thru the firewall...then connect it with ujoints and DD bar down the the C4 rack.

DSCN2303.jpg

I also decided (after fabbing up this new firewall) to move the engine/trans FORWARD about a half inch...since there's room to do it and it was just too tight (back of engine to firewall). The firewall has a 2 3/4 inch setback, but in the end...that wasn't really enough. So I'm going to remove and relocate the motor mount "perches" that Laszlo welded onto the C4 crossmember for me when he fabbed up my frame. I want the motor mount and the perch under it to be all lined up nice and centered. Right now, it's off quite a bit.

DSCN2298.jpgDSCN2297.jpg

Lots more tweaks to sheetmetal and Mig welding to do here...