Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: 57 Nomad-C4-LS1 called "Ozzy"

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Member #:530
    Well there's really no update at this time. I had to move the Nomad out of the garage for a few weeks, to get some subterrainean termites executed. Darned boogers been coming out of the crack in the slab-footing every spring for 4 years now, getting more and more of them. Had to completely dismantle EVERYTHING on or near the floor of my 2 car garage (including the workbench) and have the slab drilled every 24 inches and had some chemical called Termidor injection sprayed in the dirt under the garage and house. Was NOT planning to do that this year but the first warm spring weekend arrived and thats' when they exit the nests...looking for mates and more wood to eat. NOT MY HOUSE THANKYOU. It's dropped $250K in value in 4 years now, and I'm protecting it from the termites anyways. What a fool.

So I will be putting it back in about 2 weeks (business trip becons between now and then)and get back to that steering column issue. I'm wondering if I can dissassemble the column completely, trim down that collar and pickup the 1 inch that I need to get it closer to the instrument panel AND thru the firewall a bit more. We'll see...

Paul
    Last edited by WagonCrazy; 05-09-2012 at 06:01 PM.
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.