Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: 57 Nomad-C4-LS1 called "Ozzy"

Banned

Member #:2775
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    LMAO! More nonsense from the peanut gallery. The lower picture looks EXACTLY like a stock hinge. In fact it IS a stock hinge with a wire channel inside of it. The "internal clip" is stock. If you understood what you were talking about, you would note that the bottom hinge is missing the sheetmetal cover. I have new ones that I will be installing after painting them. Are you related to RD?
    Ouch, I had nothing to do with this, or running any wires in my doors. At least no one here is related to you.
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 01-15-2020 at 11:35 AM.

Registered Member

Member #:4017
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    LMAO! More nonsense from the peanut gallery. The lower picture looks EXACTLY like a stock hinge. In fact it IS a stock hinge with a wire channel inside of it. The "internal clip" is stock. If you understood what you were talking about, you would note that the bottom hinge is missing the sheetmetal cover. I have new ones that I will be installing after painting them. Are you related to RD?
    Your descending comments don’t deserve my attention. I don’t have to put up with your (nut case) nonsense.

Member #:530
    Everybody, STOP RIGHT NOW. THIS IS MY BUILD THREAD. TAKE YOUR NONSENSE AND POST IT IN CHIT CHAT. Back to the Nomad build...
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Lately I've been chasing down issues:
    -clutch master cylinder bracket that broke spot welds and pulled away from the firewall (first clue: clutch not working right). FIXED
    -leaky power steering tank (custom made and a tig weld on one of the alum AN bungs was seeping fluid out slowly) FIXED
    -starter bendix fried due to "sticky ignition cylinder" issues. (FIXED)
    -pilot bearing in front of trans making noise (REPLACED)
    -starting to gather up all the trim and clips needed to install the glass all the way around it.
    -still need to run HPTuners on the PCM and figure out what the settings are for low speed fan and high speed fan to come on (because there's no signal coming from PCM at any temp...ran it to 230 the other day and no "ground" signal coming from the pinouts on the PCM)

Short term goal is to get it road worthy enough to drive it to the 1st annual Tri Five Nationals "Western Invasion" weekend (hosted by Danchuk) at Famoso Raceway in Bakersfield first weekend in May. That's about 100 miles from where I live. https://www.danchuk.com/blog/?p=7014

Registered Member

Member #:2694
    Wow first I have seen of the show in May. I will look into being there as well. Thanks - Dave

As of today- Danchuk has not called off this show 1st weekend in May at Famoso Dragstrip (north of Bakersfield)...so I'm still at it with Nomad assembly. Lately I've been dealing with glass installation, just to make sure I have all the little clips, spacers, adjuster nuts, and mostly stainless trim pieces. These doors contain alot of pieces! And this car was fully disassembled when I bought it, so all that stuff was in a big heap I'm only now getting thru it all to verify what pieces are missing. Already had to go onto ebay and buy some A Pillar trim that was missing. More purchases to come. No pics just yet...not focusing on snapping pics...just getting this figured out.

I did get the straightened/rechromed liftgate assembled and installed, and also the tailgate installed. Same issue with lots of missing parts that had to be sourced first. I have more work to do to get both aligned properly, and at some point....this all comes apart for the final paint and upholstery. So I'm duplicating work, but just getting the puzzle parts figured out now.

Want to drive it up to Bakersfield in early May for the show.

More to come...

Member #:2017
    I got a text this past Tuesday that our first show of the year (and the largest) will not be held this year. I normally have a vendor booth there. In talking to John V this week (owner of Biederman truck) he aadvised that the Leonardtown show will likely follow suit. Glad when all this craziness is behind us.

I should be getting to the glass installation soon here myself. And missing some trim parts as well. (Waiting on a delivery from Mikey Domoracki) Sounds like you'll be hitting the pavement soon, congrats!
    Robert

MP&C Shop Projects-Metalshaping Tutorials

Instagram @ mccartney_paint_and_custom

No sooner did I say Danchuk had not called off the Apr 30 show, then the President and Governor of CA get on the tube and tell everyone to self isolate starting NOW. Period.
    this morning Danchuk announced they rescheduled the Western Invastion to 2021. So the push to finish for a show is OFF. Now I just need to continue working on stuff that needs my time on this Nomad and try for later in the summer to be out and about in it more.

trying times folks. Hang onto your butts!

Mornin' guys. So I'm still hanging onto my butt...how about you all?

Lately Ive been working sheet metal...specifically the old hood that came with this Nomad when I bought it originally. This thing had a bad oil can soft spot in the middle from a former carb fire, so I decided to try and fix it since we all have so much otherwise unproductive time on our hands right now...

Started by pulling it apart, and media blasting it.

IMG_5863.jpg

IMG_5864.jpg

then a whole bunch of steps to do the metal working to stiffen it up and bang the small dents out of it. (shown in the metalworking forum)

Then welded the support frame back into the hood, finished it and sprayed with 2K primer.

Here it is test fitted on the car. Needs some hood hinge adjusting still but overall its not too far off.

IMG_5908.jpg

IMG_5909.jpg

Next up is to pull it off, sand it, spray it again with another coat of 2K primer (because it's too thin) then bolt it on and run it like this (in primer) until it's time for the whole car to go in for final body prep and paint (waaaaay down the road at this point).

But this is progress none the less.

Member #:2017
    Looks good, painted to match.... time for a drive!
    Robert

MP&C Shop Projects-Metalshaping Tutorials

Instagram @ mccartney_paint_and_custom

Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast