Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Greetings to Tri Five Fanatics

Registered Member

Member #:3902

Greetings to Tri Five Fanatics

Mornin'
    I am a retired middle school teacher turning 70 this month. Currently restoring 57 Bel Air 4 door. I know. "Four doors aren't worth anything" but this is a totally original car. 283 power pack, Lunati cam, correct for period carb, ram horns, PS. 2 years at the shop and FINALLY painted. The guy I'm working with is a rat rod nut, and I've had trouble motivating him. He went through 3 bodymen and finally found a perfectionist old school guy. Beyond meticulous work, to the point of OCD but the paint is show quality, really. Over 5 grand in motor and trans (OEM Powerglide). Will be ready at end of week for drive train install. Plan on running chrome smoothies with narrow whites. A high school dream coming true. Will post pics when front clip is installed. Good Day to all. hevychevy

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    hi HC and welcome. good to have you here. you can only look out one window at a time. us retired oldfarts need 4drs just to be easier to get in and out of.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Member #:1653
    Welcome aboard

Member #:3217
    WElcome HevyChevy! There's nothing wrong with a 4-door! In fact, there are several advantages to them over 2 dr cars as I've itemized several times.. (Have you ever tried to get into the back seat of a 2 dr? ) Is your car a BelAir or 210 or ?? We'd love to hear more description, color (did you paint it as original?), etc...

Member #:530
    Welcome to trifivechevys. Post some pics of your 4 door when you get them.
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Member #:1608
    Welcome to the site

Banned

Member #:2941
    Welcome aboard, hevychevy! Your '57 sounds beautiful. Glad to have you here and look forward to hearing more about your build. I am way behind you as far as restoration of my own '57 4dr sedan, but then we must all proceed at our own pace.

Happy Motoring,

Harry

P.S. >>> Don't sweat the '2dr snobs' you may encounter at various places from time to time. A '57 Chevy is a '57 Chevy no matter how many doors it has. Anyone who thinks differently has a right to their opinion, of course. But just keep in mind that its only their opinion, smile graciously and keep on keepin' on.
    Last edited by enigma57; 08-08-2018 at 01:34 AM.

Registered Member

Member #:3902

My Bel air

My 57 is a Bel Air. Original color was Sea Mist Green (?) w/ yellow top. A very rare color combo and too bland for me. I picked black, white top two tone for the resto. Both the paints are original GM paint codes. Don't know if this will lessen the value, as this is a numbers car, but couldn't do the Green/Yellow colors. Those colors may very well have been chosen as it was owned in Packer country (Green and Gold). Packer fans are fanatical about expressing their loyalty.
    Last edited by hevychevy; 08-08-2018 at 08:26 AM. Reason: missspell

Member #:3
    Welcome to the site hevychevy ,

I like 4 doors , they are all cool .
    Nice introduction , cant wait to see the pictures .

Thanks Sid

1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2023 Ford Super Duty F350 TREMOR
    2019 Corvette Z06
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1935 Ford 2dr Slant back I have 4

Banned

Member #:2941
    I understand. My car is original and numbers matching as well and any mechanical upgrades I make will need to be bolt-ons that are reversible. My car has been repainted once but is still its original white over tropical turquoise colour. One of these days if I can reach that point (ready to paint), I'll have to decide whether to keep her that colour or change to another.

She will be a driver. Not a show car. So its simply a matter of personal choice as to what colour I paint her when the time comes.

Best regards,

Harry
    Last edited by enigma57; 08-10-2018 at 02:06 AM.