Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hydraulic Clutch

Registered Member

Member #:3916

Hydraulic Clutch

Ok so thinking about switching over to a hydraulic clutch system and looking for insite on who makes the best kit, my 55 Bel Air has a 350 with block hugger headers, 605 power steering box, and Saginaw 4 speed
    Last edited by turk1955; 08-25-2018 at 08:57 AM.

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Have you considered shipping you wore out junk when new stuff for his upgrades Earl Williams. On my 55 it was money well spent I had lots of issues. I have a BBC, Headers, and 500 PS with a Tremec TKO 600. Moved 2.25 forward.
    Last edited by markm; 08-25-2018 at 09:07 AM.

Registered Member

Nothing wrong with clutch just hard to push in pedal as when the new power steering box was installed the clutch arm had to be shortened for it to fit causing the problem.

Registered Member

Not sure why you had to do that, is motor moved.

Registered Member

Member #:571
    You shouldn't have had to do that. I don't understand what the p/s box has to do with clutch linkage. Got photos?

There area two ways to go on the hydraulic clutch. One is a slave cylinder that pushes on the original style clutch fork. Check out novak.com. Their main business is jeep conversions but their hydraulic slave will fit many cars. The other is a hydraulic throwout bearing. McLeod makes some. With either one you also need a clutch master cylinder and the linkage for it. This stuff isn't cheap either.

Registered Member

No motor is still in its original position the only change was the newer steering box, also I didn't do the install was like this when I bought it.

Registered Member

Is this one of those early 605 jobs with a plate holding the halves together, if so just get a CCP 500 and you will be a lot happier.

Registered Member

Ok so after having a friend operate the clutch pedal I was able to watch the linkage move and it seems fine, I was told that the linkage had been changed but it looks untouched everything appears fine but it still very hard to push in and when releasing it doesn't start to engage till about half way off the floor and then it grabs hard. Maybe the through out bearing ?

Registered Member

Member #:571
    Have you tried adjusting the linkage so that the clutch engages closer to the floor?

Registered Member

55 clutch linkage - 3.jpg55 clutch linkage -2.jpg I took 2 pitchers hope someone can see the problem as to me it appears the push rod is to short

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast