Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Delray project

Registered Member

Member #:232

Delray project

Long time Lerker here. I figured it was about time I post a few pics of my project. I purchased this car 8 years ago a c4 front clip off C-nut quite a while ago too. Life happened so things were put on hold. I’ve been working on this off and on for the last 2 years. C4 front and rear suspension, narrowed rear, 2015 LT1 ( wish I had gone with an LS as originally planned) T56 magnum.
    I’m waiting on some parts to finish off the exhaust and just put the body back on the frame so I can measure for wheels. I made some mods to the rear so it sits up higher into the frame , hoping to run18s up front and 19s or 20s without affecting the rake too much.
    I’ve welded on stand-off brackets in the inside of the firewall so I can attach relays, ecm and fuse panel.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #:115
    Looks GREAT Mike! Even upside-down!
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member

Member #:571
    Looks like you have a great project there.

No reflection on you, I just wish there was an easy software solution to pictures that are rotated from what's intended. I see it everywhere these days.

Registered Member

I posted using my phone. They don’t show upside down on here. Any suggestions on how to fix the issue ?

Member #:3217
    Quote Originally Posted by mikev8nut View Post
    I posted using my phone. They don’t show upside down on here. Any suggestions on how to fix the issue ?
    If you are viewing on a computer (rather than a smart phone), you can 'right click' and select ' Open in new window', and they should display correctly in the new window...

Registered Member

Maybe I should try posting with my computer next time.

Registered Member

Member #:571
    you can 'right click' and select ' Open in new window',
    My computer doesn't give me this option with a right click. Doesn't matter, why should I have to do that?

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    nice build, thanks for sharing.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Member #:530
    You've made some real progress there Mike. As another guy who's been mired in an 8 year build, while life goes on too....I can emphasize with you.
    But it's lookin' great so far (from the pics).
    Stay at it, you'll be turning the key to start it before you know it. And then you'll get a burst of energy from that to get it finished up.
    Thumbs up!

Now for my question:
    I too have a C4 front and rear setup in my CNut frame. Why did you choose to narrow the rear axles? I see what it meant in terms of frame mods/narrowing... Was it to run deeper dish wheels?
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Registered Member

Thanks, I’m hoping to get a bunch of work done this winter. I wanted to run a 28” tall tire or close to it without drastically affecting the rake so the diff is up a few inches from where you usually see it on a stock frame. I narrowed the rear 1.5” on each side so I can run a deeper dish wheel. The frame doesn’t step down till closer to the rear so the exhaust can pass underneath the frame without being seen. Mufflers will be tucked up between the frame and rear quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCrazy View Post
    You've made some real progress there Mike. As another guy who's been mired in an 8 year build, while life goes on too....I can emphasize with you.
    But it's lookin' great so far (from the pics).
    Stay at it, you'll be turning the key to start it before you know it. And then you'll get a burst of energy from that to get it finished up.
    Thumbs up!

Now for my question:
    I too have a C4 front and rear setup in my CNut frame. Why did you choose to narrow the rear axles? I see what it meant in terms of frame mods/narrowing... Was it to run deeper dish wheels?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast