Hey question about engine and trans mounts. But first remember this. The front of my 56 belair is a nova front end! 68 to 74 era or 3rd generation.

Moving forward:::
I should have decided on which way to go before I painted the frame. Yes I know/!$%^Oh well. Newbies!

I have to decide now that I have my new upgraded suspension back on my glossy black frame..."What next step is. I need a block and trans mock up I think.

Reason being is I bought the 56 which has a 68 to 74 Chevy Nova front end welded to the 56 frame. So strange thing is, the car is part NOVA. I think the trans mounts and the front mounts are no longer exact measure. But I don't know what the measurement would be in the first place. Even if I decided to keep the old set up.

But, since I don't want to run with a trans 2 speed power glide, I really think I need a cross member mounting system to replace the bell housing mounts.

I've chosen a 383 and 3 or 4 speed automatic. Should I cut the old trans mounts off where the bell housing attaches to the frame? (Transmission Side Mounts) Or leave them? Question. I don't think the trans that I get will have a way to connect at that factory Bell housing point anyway. Won't I need a cross member mount for sure for later model trans? And if leaving the old side mounts for trans...do they get in the way of anything?

I keep thinking about a cross member that bolts up to the frame to carry the transmission. Something adjustable? Or would it be the case that when I have my new trans I can then weld the cross member in the exact spot...Which would be best? Bolt on type or a welded unit?

Also I hear there are two types of front motor mounts. Remember it's a nova motor mounts in front. But I will need the rubber part that is molded to the metal that bolts to engine block. And I've heard these come in two variations? Or is it a matter of preference? One is lower and one is higher I think.

Hope this is not too much to ask from you expert restoration builders out there. And thanks in advance.

Recap: Cut the old side trans mounts off frame? Or leave them?

Thanks for your help.
ps. A friend suggested I use side mounts for motor. But I have a gear box sitting in the way I think. AS it is directly behind the drivers side front motor mount on a Chevy Nova. Any advice?