Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: I think I have to let my 55 go.

Member #:2060

I think I have to let my 55 go.

Hey all
    The car is in NJ, I bought a C4 conversion from Classic Edge Designs a while ago. Long story short the company I worked for downsized right after I got the kit and my project stopped and has been sitting in my garage ever since. So now I make half the money I did when I was starting my 55. Anyway I really don't think I can swing this project financially unfortunately. So I'm thinking about selling it. I have the kit still on the crate with the Vette suspension and a bunch of other parts. It has a healthy 327 with 4 speed that runs and drives. It's not ready to drive daily, as it's a project but can be moved around and driven for a quick blast. I thought I'd reach out to the forum and see if it's something you or someone you know would be interested in since most of you understand the conversion and everything. Hit me up for more info. Thx, Ken
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #:1653
    Depressing to see and hear. You could sell the vette and get back on the 55 or maybe the truck or Tahoe. Post up more images and better detail along with a location so folks know what and where.

Registered Member

Member #:625
    How about scaling back on the changes and finishing it. Sell the Vette stuff you have the real deal and use that money to finish.

Registered Member

Member #:3477
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    How about scaling back on the changes and finishing it. Sell the Vette stuff you have the real deal and use that money to finish.
    Good advice. I always think about the ones I voluntarily got rid of. I would hate to have an involuntary. Maybe as Mark said, you get rid of the Vette stuff, and keep your old 55 for a time in the future.

S

I really don't know, I am selling other stuff too. If I start this project it will get out of hand and I don't wanna put myself in that situation. I know myself, it's like any other addiction, you can't just do a little. I think it's safer to let it go, as sad as it is. Time will tell but if someone has a similar vision with this project, I have a bunch of the parts and a solid foundation to get you started. Thx, Ken

Member #:115
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune Ken. There are lots of guys who would love to have a project like that with the Corvette conversion and I think it would be relatively easy to sell. Most people nowadays want a modern car feel and performance with classic looks. There are a few out there who like the nostalgic 60's feel of the out-dated stock or "updated" suspensions on these cars, but they're getting to be fewer and fewer. Good luck with whatever you decide.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Well if anyone is interested 15k takes this project off my hands. Thx, Ken

Member #:1653
    Photographs and a list of what goes with it might help.