Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Hydraulc clutch

Registered Member

Member #:3916

Hydraulc clutch

Ok so decided to change to a hydraulic McLeod 1434001 kit but I have a question, what throw-out bearing to use anyone running this setup that can give me a part #

Registered Member

Member #:3477
    Quote Originally Posted by turk1955 View Post
    Ok so decided to change to a hydraulic McLeod 1434001 kit but I have a question, what throw-out bearing to use anyone running this setup that can give me a part #
    When I was looking at these it was the 1300 or 1400 series TOB but it was based on the clutch measurement and then the trans you are using. If you go back to the Mcleod website and run through the Hydraulics tab, it takes you through all the factors that determine the TOB.

I thought about putting in the same kit you are and then dealing with the TOB when and if I converted it to an MT. However, I am really liking the Winters Shifter so my car may just stay an AT.

S

Registered Member

Member #:571
    Scorpion's info is spot on. You have to take some measurements to determine which McLeod throwout bearing to use.

A friend had a cobbled up mechanical linkage and thought the McLeod pieces would be a good way to go. Lots of trouble getting it set up correctly and getting the air to bleed out. Not long after, ended up with one of their lines leaking seriously. That and a vibration in his McLeod dual disc clutch among other things made him pull the plug on the whole deal and spring for a 4L85E.

Banned

Member #:2775
    The pedal assembly is the biggest issue, but I still stand behind my Howe hydraulic throw-out bearing. Linkage free, easy to setup, and works perfect!