Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Rear anti roll bar with dual exhaust

Registered Member

Member #:2764

Rear anti roll bar with dual exhaust

I didn't remember why I left my *sway bar* off until I looked to hook it up again. The dual exhaust goes directly under the frame where the links are supposed to go. Anyone have a cure for this problem? I'm not looking at it now, but thinking maybe some big angle iron welded on the side of the frame and put the links at an angle, or get a wider bar?
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Registered Member

Member #:625
    I have my 55 mini tubbed, with a centered gas tank, shock crossmembet, stock style parking brake. Hieghts sway bar and still have room for 2.5 OD tailpipes. Buy some mandrel bends or visit a good muffler shop.

Banned

Member #:2775
    Having the right rear sway bar setup is a great way to balance the car, but there are way too many factors for just a stab in the dark. I put a big rear bar on my slammed 90 454 SS truck, only to find out it handled great, but it added a lot of chassis flex/shudder too. Way too many factors involved other than just sticking a bar on it.

Registered Member

Member #:2764
    Added flex? I was hoping for the opposite.
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Registered Member

Member #:571
    Dual exhaust has nothing to do with this because if you had single exhaust the problem would be the same except you'd only have to solve the problem on one side.

The mounting of many rear sway bars is quite flexible. Most if not all are designed so that there's an orientation of the bar that's compatible with exhaust routing. Key thing is that most use u-bolts on the axle housing to orient. Links can be moved to suit.