Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Hello from Henk56

Registered Member

Member #:3952

Hello from Henk56

I’ve had my windowed 56 Sedan Delivery since high school.... spring of 1970
    It started out as a Forestry Vehicle, I purchased it for $350. Drove it to College and learned to work on it myself. I changed it from 6cyl three spd on the “tree” to several different v8s and four speeds, later a 70s paint job, and Interior changes.
    I parked it in 1980, moved it to various garages over the years always saying I would get back to getting it on the road again. Now after being retired for four years I finally got busy getting it running again after 38years. I drained and flushed the fuel tank, replaced the electric fuel pump and fuel hoses put some premium fuel in the tank. replaced the radiator and hoses. Lubed the cylinders and cranked the engine over by hand. Changed the oil and filter installed new plugs and a battery. To my amazement it fired up with the old Holley. It had a leaking water pump so I replaced that and took care of a leaking header gasket.
    Now after new brake lines, brakes ,cylinders and master cylinder I’ve got it back on the road again! As soon as I figure out how to post some pictures I will post some!

Member #:115
    Welcome to the site! Seems like lots of us bought our tri5s in the late 60's or early 70's.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    hi Henk and welcome. good to have you here. neat to have it all these years.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Member #:3217
    Welcome Henk! I can't wait to see some pix... I love the windowed deliveries! (I'm curious where you lived when you found the forestry vehicle??)

Member #:530
    Welcome Henk. That's a great story. Glad to see another wagon hitting the road soon.
    Post some pics. And throw your questions out there for us to help, via one of the various sub forum topics.
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.