I’ve had my windowed 56 Sedan Delivery since high school.... spring of 1970
It started out as a Forestry Vehicle, I purchased it for $350. Drove it to College and learned to work on it myself. I changed it from 6cyl three spd on the “tree” to several different v8s and four speeds, later a 70s paint job, and Interior changes.
I parked it in 1980, moved it to various garages over the years always saying I would get back to getting it on the road again. Now after being retired for four years I finally got busy getting it running again after 38years. I drained and flushed the fuel tank, replaced the electric fuel pump and fuel hoses put some premium fuel in the tank. replaced the radiator and hoses. Lubed the cylinders and cranked the engine over by hand. Changed the oil and filter installed new plugs and a battery. To my amazement it fired up with the old Holley. It had a leaking water pump so I replaced that and took care of a leaking header gasket.
Now after new brake lines, brakes ,cylinders and master cylinder I’ve got it back on the road again! As soon as I figure out how to post some pictures I will post some!