Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting K&N fuel injectected carb spacer

Banned

Member #:2775

Interesting K&N fuel injectected carb spacer

I never heard of it before, until I looked through what was just another new Summit catalog on page 14. It's a fuel injected spacer designed to cover up flat spots in an existing carburetor. I hope it's a great idea.
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 10-19-2018 at 03:55 PM.

Registered Member

Member #:571
    The premise of that product seems a bit retarded to me. It can add fuel, but it can't take it away?

On the previous page in the same catalog is a Summit brand throttle body injection system that's only $50 more at $749. And for only $50 more than that, an FiTech tbi system. Makes a lot more sense, because they are real systems. And for a little more but still under $1000, FiTech, Holley, and MSD systems that can control ignition timing too.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_L View Post
    The premise of that product seems a bit retarded to me. It can add fuel, but it can't take it away?

On the previous page in the same catalog is a Summit brand throttle body injection system that's only $50 more at $749. And for only $50 more than that, an FiTech tbi system. Makes a lot more sense, because they are real systems. And for a little more but still under $1000, FiTech, Holley, and MSD systems that can control ignition timing too.
    I agree, but if this system was half the price I would think about giving it a try. I have a Holley 750HP with no choke, and could lean it out some too, plus I wouldn't have to spend $500+ rebuilding the whole fuel supply system, and probably a new fuel cell too, since this is supposed an easy install to work with a simple mechanical fuel pump. Most of my drivability issues are probably from using an Edelbrock rpm air-gap manifold which I need to replace first anyway. It takes forever to warm up completely.

Registered Member

Member #:2764
    I would think no choke has more to do with problems warming up more than the air gap. Although I've never had an air gap, I have had carbs with no choke.
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Member #:115
    Sounds like a useless gimmick to me. Just get rid of the antiquated POS carburetor altogether and go EFI like the OEMs did over 30 years ago.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member

Member #:2643
    And its not even April Fool's Day. Whomever at K&N allowed this joke go to market should be fired. It's going to go the way of the Edsel.
    Dave, from the old neighborhood in Jersey!

Banned

I have had a few carbureted engines that ran as good as many injected engines. Plus you can easily make a carbureted engine run perfect 70 years later with still available parts, which probably won't happen with all of these new on the market FI carbs. 10 years later it's obsolete.

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    Sounds like a useless gimmick to me. Just get rid of the antiquated POS carburetor altogether and go EFI like the OEMs did over 30 years ago.
    Says the guy whose crap injection is already out of date and will have parts dry up in his lifetime.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by 55 Rescue Dog View Post
    I have had a few carbureted engines that ran as good as many injected engines. Plus you can easily make a carbureted engine run perfect 70 years later with still available parts, which probably won't happen with all of these new on the market FI carbs. 10 years later it's obsolete.
    Yes I agree 100%. And they don't tell you too far ahead of time that a new model is out, so you can buy there latest, but it's already old and going off the market in a few months. Got to sell off the old crap before selling the new crap. I like my Holley spreadbore 800 double pumper mechanical secondaries, and my Quadrajet 800. I don't seem to have any flat spots for the Fi Tech to fix.

Registered Member

Originally Posted by chevynut

Why would someone own antique cars and not like their antiquated parts. The way some guys go, they may as well just buy a fiberglass kit car. What fun is there in saying "I own the body of a 56 chevy"? They ask "what about the rest of the car"? Oh, no that's all new. ?? Doesn't make a bit of sense to me.
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast