Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Clamp on LS filter

Registered Member

Member #:2602

Clamp on LS filter

I'm looking To buy a filter similiar to the one in the photo . A brand name or supplier would be great .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Member

Member #:571
    K&N, Spectre, or AEM should have something like that. Should be available at places like Summit, Jegs, Speedway. A better setup would be a smooth elbow and a bigger (longer) filter. Many will tell you to avoid a filter that you use oil on the element. AEM filters are dry. The reason for avoiding the oil is that if there is too much oil it will screw up the MAF.

Registered Member

Hi Rick
    Thanks for your advice,I have searched K and n and spectre there are a lot of filters but I can't find a body and clamp.Street and performance inc Had these for sale .Do you know if they closed down I can't contact them.
    mick

Registered Member

Member #:571
    Street and Performance is out of business. The owner died and apparently his heirs chose to not keep the business going. From what I knew he was the "glue" that kept it all together, and he had his hands in virtually everything that happened there.

Member #:115
    The problem with a filter like that located where it is is that it's going to suck a lot of hot air. Did you give up on a cold air intake? I'm not positive but I think S&P made the end covers for that filter. You can buy the filter element, but I don't know of anyone who makes the end covers.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member

Thanks .My radiator support is lower than stock,about 3 inches and I thought the air coming through would be ok .There are a lot of elbows to choose from .