Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Cruise Control for 56 Chevy with LS1

Registered Member

Member #:3524

Lightbulb Cruise Control for 56 Chevy with LS1

Good Day. I am in the final stages of a long project for a retro 56. When I say long that is an understatement. I'm sure there are many of you that can relate. To get o the point I have spent many dollars and hours of thought and work to get a very clean engine compartment. It houses an LS1 Camaro engine with lots of chrome but everything that can be hidden was. I am wanting to install a cruise control as one of my final additions so am looking for something that will not be obtrusive and muck up my engine compartment. I would appreciate anyone's input that can point me to a brand that I could rely on and one that would be able to be hidden somewhere outside the engine compartment if possible. My under dash area is crammed with other things i've hidden so don't think there would be any room there but under a front fender might be a possibility. Any help from someone that has found a solution to a similar project would be greatly appreciated.

Registered Member

Member #:571
    Do you have a cable throttle or an electronic throttle? Either way, factory stuff for the engine you have is the way to go. If you're using the ecm that your engine came with it should support the factory cruise control.

Registered Member

Member #:3524
    Thanks Rick. Sorry for the delayed response. I had gotten busy with some projects and am just now getting back to viewing your response.

Member #:3292
    What ecm do you have?
    As Rick asked, cable or DBW?

Registered Member

Member #:4478
    Ls1 is cable you will need the servo brackets and cables to use it. One of the reasons to use newer pullouts is the drive by wire. Id have to look at altata to tell you the inputs to make it work. I used the 72 factory cruise sw with my 72 twin turbod duramax blazer and all i lost was resume acell.