Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Classic Edge Designs, LLC Prime Custom Cars, LLC MadMooks
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Brief History Of Sealed Beam Headlamps In The U.S.

Registered Member

Member #:1631
    Quote Originally Posted by 55 Rescue Dog View Post
    I've had many vehicles with sealed beams, and when well aimed, you could see everything 1/4 mile+ down the road going 70+ at night. especially with the high beams. The old foot operated headlight dimmer switch was still the best setup too. I never have liked the using the turn signal lever, except for flashing the lights.
    Completely agree on the foot dimmer being the best setup.

I was perfectly satisfied with conventional sealed beam headlights until I bought a newer used vehicle with HID headlights. We live in a rural location, and the brighter light really made a difference at night on our dark local two-lane roads. Since then I have made it a priority to upgrade the headlights on any of my older hobby cars.
    Cheers!

Ken in SSF
    56 One-Fifty Two-Door Sedan

Member #:3898
    I too like the looks of the older sealed beam headlights on classics but, with that said I want to best lighting available and if that means a don't get that perfect classic look so be it. Seems these days we have more cars coming at us with the newer brighter lights and sometimes I feel my vision is impaired after one of them pass by.

Here's what just arrived for me yesterday and will be going in my 56 very soon. https://www.dapperlighting.com/colle...ssic-projector

Dapper Lighting.JPG

Member #:3898
    Opps, I attached the wrong link and photo. Here's what I just received and will put in my 56. No headlight bucket modifications required.

https://www.dapperlighting.com/colle...products/seven

Dapper Lighting Seven.JPG

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123