Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Classic Edge Designs, LLC Prime Custom Cars, LLC MadMooks
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Rims & Tires

  1. #11
    Registered Member chevynut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Member #:115
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Posts
    9,628
    I'm still trying to figure out if the original poster is asking about what wheels and tires LOOK good, or what fits. Looks are very much a matter of personal taste. If you want "old-school" go with 15" GM rally or chrome "reverse" wheels, or Cragars. If you want something to make the car look like it was built within the past 30 years go with 17 or 18" or larger custom wheels of a style that matches your build style. There's also a selection of 17 and 18" mags that attempt to address both ends of the spectrum.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

    You can see my 56 Nomad build here http://www.picturetrail.com/chevynut

    For affordable C4 Corvette Suspension conversions for your car, visit http://www.classicedgedesigns.com

    Other vehicles:

    56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax

  2. #12
    Registered Member BamaNomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016

    Member #:3217
    Location
    Rocket City, USA (Huntsville, AL area)
    Posts
    1,146
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out if the original poster is asking about what wheels and tires LOOK good, or what fits. Looks are very much a matter of personal taste. If you want "old-school" go with 15" GM rally or chrome "reverse" wheels, or Cragars. If you want something to make the car look like it was built within the past 30 years go with 17 or 18" or larger custom wheels of a style that matches your build style. There's also a selection of 17 and 18" mags that attempt to address both ends of the spectrum.
    *L* .. Narrow minded ever?

    CN: it's a matter of PREFERENCE and Taste! SOME of us do not like cars, particularly classic cars .. that are made to look like modern day 'toy big wheels'....

  3. #13
    Registered Member scorpion1110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017

    Member #:3477
    Location
    Mount Airy, MD
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out if the original poster is asking about what wheels and tires LOOK good, or what fits. Looks are very much a matter of personal taste. If you want "old-school" go with 15" GM rally or chrome "reverse" wheels, or Cragars. If you want something to make the car look like it was built within the past 30 years go with 17 or 18" or larger custom wheels of a style that matches your build style. There's also a selection of 17 and 18" mags that attempt to address both ends of the spectrum.
    CN, you forgot to mention fuel injection and the hopelessly outdated carbs that we run.

    C'mon, you are slipping.

    Scorp
    Scorpion1110

    Rides:

    1955 Chevy 2-door Wagon
    1970 Honda Trail 70

    I lost my best friend on 10/3/2018. Rest in Peace Dear Lucy. I will miss you.

  4. #14
    Registered Member chevynut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Member #:115
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Posts
    9,628
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    *L* .. Narrow minded ever?

    CN: it's a matter of PREFERENCE and Taste! SOME of us do not like cars, particularly classic cars .. that are made to look like modern day 'toy big wheels'....

    Apparently "some of you" are pretty narrow minded yourselves and can't accept the fact that times change and styles change. Didn't I say wheels were a matter of preference? Why so touchy?

    Some of us don't like cars that look and especially DRIVE like they're 60+ year old boats with poor suspensions, brakes, steering, and 15" balloon tires that handle like crap. Not to mention (for Scorp) the toilet float valve fuel delivery systems they used.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

    You can see my 56 Nomad build here http://www.picturetrail.com/chevynut

    For affordable C4 Corvette Suspension conversions for your car, visit http://www.classicedgedesigns.com

    Other vehicles:

    56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax

  5. #15
    Registered Member BamaNomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016

    Member #:3217
    Location
    Rocket City, USA (Huntsville, AL area)
    Posts
    1,146
    55 Nomad (Copy).jpgCN... If you like modern, then why not buy yourself a NEW modern car? WHY try to make a classic car look like an abortion? (Just my opinion when HUGE tires/wheels are used on a classic)...

    Most of your post was fine, it is a matter of preference, but you generally term it in a way that is insulting to those of us who like the classic cars the way they LOOKED when they were built. My preference over the huge wheel look is one like this... that I rode/drove about 2000 miles this weekend to retrieve along with a friend!

  6. #16
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Member #:4017
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    55 Nomad (Copy).jpgCN... If you like modern, then why not buy yourself a NEW modern car? WHY try to make a classic car look like an abortion? (Just my opinion when HUGE tires/wheels are used on a classic)...

    Most of your post was fine, it is a matter of preference, but you generally term it in a way that is insulting to those of us who like the classic cars the way they LOOKED when they were built. My preference over the huge wheel look is one like this... that I rode/drove about 2000 miles this weekend to retrieve along with a friend!

    That was a very elegant response. I would never destroy the “classic charactor” of my 57 Nomad. Yes it has updated period correct mods that works with the image of the car. But total look is 57 Chevy Nomad. Not stock at all it’s a hot rod in good taste of what the car’s all about.

    There are people that like extreme changes while others prefer to be more conservative. We can all play nice.

  7. #17
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Member #:625
    Posts
    2,189

  8. #18
    Administrator 567chevys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010

    Member #:3
    Location
    Kelso,Washington
    Posts
    1,976
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    55 Nomad (Copy).jpgCN... If you like modern, then why not buy yourself a NEW modern car? WHY try to make a classic car look like an abortion? (Just my opinion when HUGE tires/wheels are used on a classic)...

    Most of your post was fine, it is a matter of preference, but you generally term it in a way that is insulting to those of us who like the classic cars the way they LOOKED when they were built. My preference over the huge wheel look is one like this... that I rode/drove about 2000 miles this weekend to retrieve along with a friend!
    That is one beautiful 55 Nomad

    Sid


    1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2019 Ford Suoer Duty F350
    2018 Ford Explorer
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1934 Plymouth PE Coupe

  9. #19
    Registered Member scorpion1110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017

    Member #:3477
    Location
    Mount Airy, MD
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    Apparently "some of you" are pretty narrow minded yourselves and can't accept the fact that times change and styles change. Didn't I say wheels were a matter of preference? Why so touchy?

    Some of us don't like cars that look and especially DRIVE like they're 60+ year old boats with poor suspensions, brakes, steering, and 15" balloon tires that handle like crap. Not to mention (for Scorp) the toilet float valve fuel delivery systems they used.
    Actually I just removed my carbs and am now injecting fuel into the manifold with a turkey baster. Actually two turkey basters.

    Lets call it Fool Injected (since I am not the swiftest guy out there eh?)

    Whatcha think CN?

    Scorp
    Scorpion1110

    Rides:

    1955 Chevy 2-door Wagon
    1970 Honda Trail 70

    I lost my best friend on 10/3/2018. Rest in Peace Dear Lucy. I will miss you.

  10. #20
    Administrator 567chevys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010

    Member #:3
    Location
    Kelso,Washington
    Posts
    1,976
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1110 View Post
    Actually I just removed my carbs and am now injecting fuel into the manifold with a turkey baster. Actually two turkey basters.

    Lets call it Fool Injected (since I am not the swiftest guy out there eh?)

    Whatcha think CN?

    Scorp
    That's some Funny Sh&%

    It made my day

    1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2019 Ford Suoer Duty F350
    2018 Ford Explorer
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1934 Plymouth PE Coupe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •