Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vintage Air controls

Member #:225
    I installed the Gen IV with those servo's... bad news is I did it about 9 yrs ago.. and the old grey matter just doesn't remember the details. This said, I believe I followed VA's instructions to a T and installed the servos and somehow fished the thing back in to the hole. Sorry I don't have more detail. I will comment how much I like the system once installed. The controls work perfect!

Member #:115
    Quote Originally Posted by 55mike View Post
    I believe I followed VA's instructions to a T and installed the servos and somehow fished the thing back in to the hole.
    If you fished it back into the hole you must have cut, bent, or removed something! I've turned and twisted the thing every way possible and it won't go in. If you push the upper pots in by turning the unit sideways, the bottom ones hit the dash. If you put the bottom ones in the hole first there's no way the top ones will go in. The control unit is a tight fit. With the hundreds or thousands of these things that have been installed, I'm amazed how little feedback I've gotten. A guy on Madmook's FB page gave me input and said he removes the bezel and installs it from behind the dash. Another guy said he got his in but doesn't remember how either.

I'll be waiting to install this until I get some wiring done, but I wanted to make sure it fit. Turns out I had a slight interference with my hydraulic clutch bracket and had to make a slight modification. I thought I mocked this all up....
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:3249
    Definitely not cable driven..........

Member #:225
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    If you fished it back into the hole you must have cut, bent, or removed something! I've turned and twisted the thing every way possible and it won't go in. If you push the upper pots in by turning the unit sideways, the bottom ones hit the dash. If you put the bottom ones in the hole first there's no way the top ones will go in. The control unit is a tight fit. With the hundreds or thousands of these things that have been installed, I'm amazed how little feedback I've gotten. A guy on Madmook's FB page gave me input and said he removes the bezel and installs it from behind the dash. Another guy said he got his in but doesn't remember how either.

I'll be waiting to install this until I get some wiring done, but I wanted to make sure it fit. Turns out I had a slight interference with my hydraulic clutch bracket and had to make a slight modification. I thought I mocked this all up....
    Dang.. I wish I could remember! Perhaps I somehow came in from under/back then installed the bezel.. that seems to make sense...
    It was a BITCH fo-sho

Member #:771
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post

you have to take off the bezel and install the unit from behind,thats the only way i could get mine to go in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12