Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My 57 Nomad

Member #:3217
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmvette View Post
    Yes, I prefer the Nomad without the “v” emblems, rear Nomad script and the two emblems on the rear tail fins.

The Nomad script on the dash is thinned out so it is trimmer looking. The back up lights were added as are the front rubber dagmars. The antenna hole was welded up. And drivers side mirror eliminated.

The front fender aluminum gills at head lights are body color. My thought was to “clean up” the excess trim I felt did nothing for the Nomad.
    Shaving all the trim used to be fairly common, but not so much these days... but one statement got me..

What 'Nomad' script on the dash are you speaking of??

Registered Member

Member #:1806
    Thanks for posting more pictures Gmvette
    your nomad looks great.

Jeff Lilly spends a lot of time on fit and finish, he even files the trim pieces for a perfect fit before having them plated, even the bumper guards and door handles. He leaves all the trim on, and the engine compartment and interior are clean looking but plain. Most people probably don't like it because of the lack of improvements in those two areas, but for me its more about fit and finish, and this car is way better than factory.
    https://www.jefflilly.com/gallery/hot-rods/1957-chevy/

Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post

Mine has all the emblems it came with, even the bird and the V8 emblems under the taillights. But no bumper guards.
    I think removing the bumper guards on the 57 really cleans up the front end and greatly reduces the bulkiness of it. It would be better though without the V

That blue '57 HT is *magnificent*, Lee... I've seen Jeff Lilly's cars before, but I can't remember where..
    Thanks for posting the link!

Registered Member

Member #:4017
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    Shaving all the trim used to be fairly common, but not so much these days... but one statement got me..

What 'Nomad' script on the dash are you speaking of??
    That’s my error, Emblem is Bel Air not Nomad.

Question: Since all Nomads are Bel Air trim. Is the Nomad a Bel Air Nomad or a Nomad Bel Air?

It's a very special Bel Air NOMAD .. (the ONLY Nomad they made in the relevant years)...

PS. The 'Nomad' is the only Bel Air that got a special nameplate, but still a Bel Air also. The Del Ray is the only '210' that got a special name AFAIK...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12