Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Classic Edge Designs, LLC Prime Custom Cars, LLC MadMooks
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2019 State of the Union speach

Member #:115
    Quote Originally Posted by carls 56 View Post
    hard to believe everyone really thought the tax breaks was to benefit the average tax payer? now that was fake news.
    Have you done your taxes yet? What was the result? Did you pay more or less?

I'm really curious how mine are going to turn out this year. I'm just glad that Social Security doesn't consider investment income as "earnings". I can't believe they have a limit on how much you can make.....why is it any of their business? I paid into it for decades and I should get a benefit regardless of my financial circumstances. State and local employees who don't have to pay into Social Security (another scam) don't get their pensions reduced if they make too much money, so why should I? I personally believe that if ANYONE is forced to participate in Social Security, then EVERYONE should have to.
    Last edited by chevynut; 02-09-2019 at 07:47 PM.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

You can see my 56 Nomad build here http://www.picturetrail.com/chevynut

For affordable C4 Corvette Suspension conversions for your car, visit http://www.classicedgedesigns.com

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax

Member #:3217
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    ... portions deleted...

I personally believe that if ANYONE is forced to participate in Social Security, then EVERYONE should have to.
    I REALLY agree with this one, especially judges/congressmen/elected office holders, who get HUGE pensions for very short periods of *WORK* (using that term loosely), and do not pay into Social Security! (but I'd bet most figure out how to draw from it once out of office!)..

Gary

Member #:3

Please read 28th amendment

Please read 28th amendment

Please Read, and forward. This will only take 1 minute to read!
    28th Amendment, 35 States and Counting.

It will take you less than a minute to read this. If you agree, please pass it on. It's an idea whose time has come to deal with this self-serving situation:

OUR PRESENT SITUATION !

Children of Congress members do not have to pay back their college student loans.

Staffers of Congress family members are also exempt from having to pay back student loans.

Members of Congress can retire at full pay after only one term.

Members of Congress have exempted themselves from many of the laws they have passed, under which ordinary citizens must live.
    For example, they are exempt from any fear of prosecution for sexual harassment.

And as the latest example, they have exempted themselves from Healthcare Reform, in all of its aspects.

We must not tolerate an elite class of such people, elected as public servants and then putting themselves above the law.

I truly don't care if they are Democrat, Republican, Independent, or whatever. The self-serving must stop.

Governors of 35 states have filed suit against the Federal Government for imposing unlawful burdens upon their states.It only takes 38 (of the 50) States to convene a Constitutional Convention.

If each person that receives this will forward it on to 20 people, in three days most people in The United States of America will have the message.

Proposed 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution:

"Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the Citizens of the United States ..."

This is an idea that should be passed around, regardless of political party.

Congressional Reform Act of 2017

1. No Tenure / No Pension. A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they're out of office. And, no more perks go with them.

2. Congress (past, present, & future) participates in Social Security. All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.

3. Congress must purchase their own retirement plan, just as ALL Americans do.

4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.

6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people (i.e. NO MORE INSIDER TRADING!!!).

7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void. The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen/women. Congress made all these contracts by and for themselves.

Serving in Congress is an honor and privilege NOT a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators should serve their term(s), then go home and go back to work … not get all kinds of freebies.

1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2019 Ford Suoer Duty F350
    2018 Ford Explorer
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1934 Plymouth PE Coupe

I absolutely agree with your words, 567Chevys! We have a strong need in this country for one or more amendments to our constitution which put the power back to the states and the people (and less in the federal gov't and bureaucrats!). I strongly support the 'Constitution of States' which is probably our only and perhaps last hope of achieving some of those desired changes!

I urge all of you in the states which haven't yet voted on the Constitution of States to call your state legislators and ask WHY NOT? Click the link below to learn more!

https://us8.campaign-archive.com/?u=...0&e=1a3829cb4b
    Last edited by BamaNomad; 02-10-2019 at 07:21 AM.

Registered Member

Member #:3963

Thumbs up

I thought this site is non political, is this a change?

Dangerous Joe

Member #:530

Dangerous Joe
    May I speak on behalf of the others here?
    This website IS fairly non-political. But the owner/operator has allowed us to voice our opinions on any other "non tri-5 topic" via this Chit Chat forum. And he's graciously agreed to be pretty much hands off on letting the conversations morph between all of us, without censorship. That censorship attitude on some of the other site is what drove alot of these guys to trifivechevys.com Because Sid (the owner/operator) has taken a hands off approach to letting everyone voice themselves. And when someone gets too far out of line, the group sort of self censors that.

So feel free to tell us how you feel on various subjects. Just keep it in this Chit Chat forum, and don't spread it to the other forums...so those can continue to be constructive for guys that want to share and get answers on TriFive subjects.

And another thought: Everyone has the right to NOT visit this Chit Chat forum if they get their panties in a wad over something someone else said. That's what some folks do...just don't participate in this forum if you don't need it.

Freedom and transparency here.

Have a productive day! I'm headed out to the garage to work on the Nomad today.
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis- [URL=http://s78.photobucket.com/user/pcardey/library/57%20Chevy%20Nomad%20wagon[/URL]

1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window- [URL=http://s78.photobucket.com/user/pcardey/library/59%20Apached%20Fleetside%20Big%20Window%20Shortbed[/URL]

Registered Member

Member #:571
    Dangerous Joe, no change, if you wanted the non-political site, you logged on to the wrong one!

Quote Originally Posted by oldchey57 View Post

Dangerous Joe
    And you THINK this topic is *political*??? hmmm... Putting the POWER back to the people rather than the federal government? Those of us who feel this way FEEL the way we do because of BOTH political parties! The Declaration of Independence begins with 'WE THE PEOPLE....' (NOT we the politicians!)...

If this particular topic bothered you Joe... you're not going to like some of our other discussions...

Registered Member

Member #:1806
    Fox and Friends just broadcast that over a thousand asylum seekers have given up and accepted Mexico's offer to take them back home.
    Another one thousand have accepted Mexico's offer of asylum.
    Over the past 7 years 200,000 illegals have been arrested for half a million crimes.
    That is crimes that might have been mostly prevented, if there had been a better and more complete wall, and we had Mexico's cooperation earlier.
    Even the NY Times has written that a lot of asylum seekers have gone back home.

That seems to prove that what Trump is doing is necessary, and with the other reasons he has been stating, this
    is
    a national emergency and it
    has
    been for a couple of decades. That's why there was no rush for him to declare it, its been going on a long time.

Re the illegal immigration: It's been reported that the $Cost of illegal immigrants to US taxpayers is around $29 BILLION per year! (with California alone about $4-5B - with that, is it any wonder that California cannot pay its bills??) Illegal immigration is driving the country to bankruptcy, purely so the liberal democrats can get MORE illegal voters!
    Last edited by BamaNomad; 02-18-2019 at 07:53 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123