X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BamaNomad
    Registered Member
    • Nov 2016

Originally posted by chevynut
    No, any other 2-door wagon was either a 210 or 150. The Nomad was the ONLY BelAir 2-door wagon. There was a BelAir 4-door wagon though.

I find it strange that Chevy made the Nomad so different, when all the other wagons were essentially the same. Also, the Nomad was the most expensive of all the tri5s (besides the Corvette)....that's partly why they sold so few.
    It's been many years since I checked the base price numbers, but I'm fairly certain the '55-57 Nomads were MORE expensive than Corvettes IF you add the optional V8 to the Nomad; Corvettes were base V8 cars. and I think it's totally why they sold so few!

Comment

• 56Safari
      Registered Member
      • Jun 2016

Originally posted by chevynut
      When I input "55 Chevy" I get nothing....when I input "1955 Chevy" I get the wagon. WTF? "55" is contained within "1955". I run into weird search quirks elsewhere too....on eBay I can search and add one word and lose some of the items I've searched on, even though the titles include that word. I've found that less words is better. Same issue with Summit Racing's search feature. Some things that should show up don't.
      Different search engines are configured differently... Craigslist allows you to use code to narrow your search (very similar to using search engines in the late 90's). It really helps a lot if you're looking to be specific about what you want while ignoring all the BS adds from the trolls who just add every tag line under the sun so their ad will pop up.

Here's a copy of the craigslist website on narrowing searches

3. Narrowing Your Search
      The following methods can be used to further narrow your search results:
      • Phrase Search: You can use quotation marks to search for a specific phrase.

e.g. this search finds postings with the exact phrase "coffee table" listed: "coffee table"

• Exclude Terms: You can exclude a term by using the "-" symbol before the word you want excluded.

e.g. this search finds postings that have the word 'table' but not 'coffee': table -coffee

• "OR" Search: You can find postings with one or multiple terms by using the "|" symbol between words.

e.g. this search finds postings that have 'honda' or 'toyota' (or both): honda | toyota

• Grouping: You can group terms together in parenthesis when queries are complicated.
      e.g. this search finds postings with 'honda' or 'toyota' (or both) but not 2000 or 2001: (toyota | honda) -2000 -2001
      • Wildcards: You can search for different forms of a word by using the "*" symbol.

e.g. din* table (matches "dining table," "dinner table")
        e.g. wood floo* (matches "wood floors," "wood flooring", etc)
        e.g. iphone* (matches "iphone," "iphones," "iphone5," etc)

Comment

• 56Safari
        Registered Member
        • Jun 2016

Here's a 55' 2door wagon in Louisville, KY advertised at $2400. I realize its all the way across the U.S., but the price is a lot better than most everything else I've seen.

Comment

• 56Safari
          Registered Member
          • Jun 2016

Nevermind, it's actually in pretty rough shape. He's got another ad for it I just found with better photos, and the rear quarters are eaten alive with rust..

Comment

• Rick_L
            Registered Member
            • Apr 2012

I've started using searchtempest to find craigslist and ebay listings. Seems to work better and easily lets you spread out from your local area but you still need to search using "55 Chevy", "55 Chevrolet", "1955 Chevy" and "1955 Chevrolet" to find everything. More so on CL, but this applies to Ebay too. The search engines on these sites are so quirky.

Comment

• busterwivell
              Registered Member
              • Dec 2016

might want to check out the Good Guys show in Del Mar this weekend. Lots of cars at the shows are for sale, and they have a (small) car corral.

Comment

• c57heaven
                Registered Member
                • Mar 2012

Canyon coral was the color you referenced. Often paired with Shadow gray in 55.

Comment

• BamaNomad
                  Registered Member
                  • Nov 2016

Originally posted by c57heaven
                  Canyon coral was the color you referenced. Often paired with Shadow gray in 55.
                  The '55 color was just called 'Coral', and yes usually was seen in two tone with shadow gray, but I do recall seeing a solid single color coral '55 convertible once upon a time.

'Canyon Coral' was a 1957 only color. While 'similar', I'm pretty certain the colors are a bit different...

Comment

• GARTH
                    Registered Member
                    • Apr 2019

should need to look at the Good Guys appear in Del Mar this end of the week. Loads of vehicles at the shows are available to be purchased, and they have a vehicle corral.

Comment

Working...