Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wagon Hunting

Member #:115
    When I input "55 Chevy" I get nothing....when I input "1955 Chevy" I get the wagon. WTF? "55" is contained within "1955". I run into weird search quirks elsewhere too....on eBay I can search and add one word and lose some of the items I've searched on, even though the titles include that word. I've found that less words is better. Same issue with Summit Racing's search feature. Some things that should show up don't.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:516
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    A Nomad is a two door. It's the ONLY two door Bel Air wagon.
    I'm guessing you're joking around you silly goose!!! My mom had a two door that was that flesh color when I was a kid.

Registered Member

Member #:3477
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    I'm guessing you're joking around you silly goose!!! My mom had a two door that was that flesh color when I was a kid.
    CN are you a silly goose?

Scorp

Member #:3217
    Originally Posted by chevynut
    A Nomad is a two door. It's the ONLY two door Bel Air wagon.

"goose or not", CN was perfectly correct! He could have also stated that the Nomad wagons are the ONLY Trifive HARDTOP wagons, but that would have gone further than necessary to address the original post..

Member #:115
    No, any other 2-door wagon was either a 210 or 150. The Nomad was the ONLY BelAir 2-door wagon. There was a BelAir 4-door wagon though.

I find it strange that Chevy made the Nomad so different, when all the other wagons were essentially the same. Also, the Nomad was the most expensive of all the tri5s (besides the Corvette)....that's partly why they sold so few.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:3217
    No, any other 2-door wagon was either a 210 or 150. The Nomad was the ONLY BelAir 2-door wagon. There was a BelAir 4-door wagon though.

I find it strange that Chevy made the Nomad so different, when all the other wagons were essentially the same. Also, the Nomad was the most expensive of all the tri5s (besides the Corvette)....that's partly why they sold so few.
    It's been many years since I checked the base price numbers, but I'm fairly certain the '55-57 Nomads were MORE expensive than Corvettes IF you add the optional V8 to the Nomad; Corvettes were base V8 cars. and I think it's totally why they sold so few!

Registered Member

Member #:3018
    When I input "55 Chevy" I get nothing....when I input "1955 Chevy" I get the wagon. WTF? "55" is contained within "1955". I run into weird search quirks elsewhere too....on eBay I can search and add one word and lose some of the items I've searched on, even though the titles include that word. I've found that less words is better. Same issue with Summit Racing's search feature. Some things that should show up don't.
    Different search engines are configured differently... Craigslist allows you to use code to narrow your search (very similar to using search engines in the late 90's). It really helps a lot if you're looking to be specific about what you want while ignoring all the BS adds from the trolls who just add every tag line under the sun so their ad will pop up.

Here's a copy of the craigslist website on narrowing searches

3. Narrowing Your Search
    The following methods can be used to further narrow your search results:

• Phrase Search: You can use quotation marks to search for a specific phrase.

e.g. this search finds postings with the exact phrase "coffee table" listed: "coffee table"

• Exclude Terms: You can exclude a term by using the "-" symbol before the word you want excluded.

e.g. this search finds postings that have the word 'table' but not 'coffee': table -coffee

• "OR" Search: You can find postings with one or multiple terms by using the "|" symbol between words.

e.g. this search finds postings that have 'honda' or 'toyota' (or both): honda | toyota

• Grouping: You can group terms together in parenthesis when queries are complicated.

e.g. this search finds postings with 'honda' or 'toyota' (or both) but not 2000 or 2001: (toyota | honda) -2000 -2001
    • Wildcards: You can search for different forms of a word by using the "*" symbol.

e.g. din* table (matches "dining table," "dinner table")
      e.g. wood floo* (matches "wood floors," "wood flooring", etc)
      e.g. iphone* (matches "iphone," "iphones," "iphone5," etc)

Registered Member

Here's a 55' 2door wagon in Louisville, KY advertised at $2400. I realize its all the way across the U.S., but the price is a lot better than most everything else I've seen.

https://louisville.craigslist.org/ct...855675640.html

Registered Member

Nevermind, it's actually in pretty rough shape. He's got another ad for it I just found with better photos, and the rear quarters are eaten alive with rust..

https://lexington.craigslist.org/cto...848955391.html

Registered Member

Member #:571
    I've started using searchtempest to find craigslist and ebay listings. Seems to work better and easily lets you spread out from your local area but you still need to search using "55 Chevy", "55 Chevrolet", "1955 Chevy" and "1955 Chevrolet" to find everything. More so on CL, but this applies to Ebay too. The search engines on these sites are so quirky.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast