Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Road Draft Cannister

Registered Member

Member #:571
    Well I'm sure a 350 hp 327 aluminum manifold will clear the canister because those engines had one. Thing is if you have one of those manifolds or acquire one cheap, you should enrich yourself by selling it to a purist. Then go get something else that works and pocket the extra cash. Same would go for any aluminum manifold which originally came on a 340 or 365 hp Corvette 327.

Registered Member

Member #:3477
    Come on Rick, the least you could do is recommend an SY1. Its cool and you might wind up that little 283 a little.

Attachment 9674

I am still trying to decide if I want to go through setting one up all over again.

Yeah slightly off topic...

Scorp

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick_L View Post
    Well I'm sure a 350 hp 327 aluminum manifold will clear the canister because those engines had one. Thing is if you have one of those manifolds or acquire one cheap, you should enrich yourself by selling it to a purist. Then go get something else that works and pocket the extra cash. Same would go for any aluminum manifold which originally came on a 340 or 365 hp Corvette 327.
    My backup SBC for my 74 Z28 still uses a early Z28 highrise as well as my 67 SS 350. You cannot beat those things, if I were try it would be with an RPM airgap.

Registered Member

Member #:3902
    Thank you for the info gentlemen!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12