Have a 283 built for my 57 Bel Air and we're having a debate on the aluminum intake setup. My buddy wants to sell my his Edelbrock (don't remember the number) that we used when we broke the engine in on the stand. Lunati voodoo cam, Power Packs, headers; ran sweet and showed tremendous throttle response due to cam and manifold I think. Problem: The manifold will not clear the road draft canister in the valley. I found an adapter used on later Chevelles which fits the road draft hole. It allows the hookup of a PCV valve. I want to use that setup. Buddy says to pull the canister out of the valley. Don't need it. I have read, without the canister I will suck oil out of the valley. Any opinions on the canister. I say it's there for a reason. I believe the Edelbrock2703 intake will clear the canister and want to use that. Called Jegs for tech help and the guy said put a pcv valve and breather in the valve covers and block the road draft pipe hole. Don't want that look. What do you guys think?