Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Classic Edge Designs, LLC Prime Custom Cars, LLC MadMooks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yep, it's an invasion for sure

Member #:530

Yep, it's an invasion for sure

71,000 illegal immigrants apprehended in New Mexico since Jan 1 2019. Seventy one thousand.

https://www.oann.com/new-mexico-coun...ration-influx/

In hot rodding, we say "there is no replacement for displacement".

In todays world of mass immigration, I think that's going to be working against all of us sooner than we know if this doesnt get significantly reduced.

Build the wall. It makes a visual point of saying "you cant just show up here and squat..."

Apparently none of these people got the memo...
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Registered Member

Member #:571
    Seems like I've seen even higher numbers for other states, well over 100,000, which makes sense since NM has a short border and no destination cities near the border (except El Paso which of course is in TX where there is one of the best walls). Which just reinforces your point.

We have a lot of things to sort out here even if more wall gets built.

One thing that needs to happen is to make the politics/economics of the "caravans" less favorable. Leftist groups are pouring money into this intentionally making a mockery of the immigration and asylum laws.

Member #:1723
    I wrote to one of our Senators, asking if he would consider sponsoring a bill to fix the current law that incentivizes Central American families to seek asylum in the US, and if he would consider sponsoring a bill to require e-verify be used by all employers. No response of course. Congress is stuck in inertia and refuses action to protect our country and citizens. I don't know how we get Congress to represent we the people, and do their job.

Member #:2941
    Quote Originally Posted by Belair-o View Post
    ...... Congress is stuck in inertia and refuses action to protect our country and citizens. I don't know how we get Congress to represent we the people, and do their job.
    Good question. America hating Marxists (AKA today's 'Democrats') want them as Democrat voters and a permanent socio-economic underclass who can be manipulated and convinced that they cannot succeed on their own nor without Democrat intervention on their behalf. Republicans (AKA 'Chamber of Commerce') want them as cheap labour and because they indirectly drive wages for Americans down, as well.

For what its worth, both the Democrat and Republican party 'leadership' at present place open borders, 'free trade' rather than 'fair trade' and other globalist agenda over and above our national sovereignty and what is truly best for the American people. Get the US out of the UN and the UN out of the US. A good place to start the ball rolling.

Strict lifetime term limits for Congress same as those now in place for the presidency would help, as well. But the bottom line is that we must either 'primary' every single member of Congress who 'goes along to get along' with their corrupt and out of touch party 'leadership' and place control of the 2 major political parties back in the hands of the American people...... Or we must create a viable alternative...... A 3rd and/or 4th political party that truly represents us and can go toe to toe with the Washington 'establishment'...... Kick their sorry butts and win elections. The 2-party system no longer works? Fine....... Time for more competition then.

Just my dos centavos,

Harry
    'G-d Bless The U.S.A.'...... Lee Greenwood......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_5aoptI5j0

[QUOTE=enigma57;50819]Strict lifetime term limits for Congress same as those now in place for the presidency would help, as well. But the bottom line is that we must either 'primary' every single member of Congress who 'goes along to get along' with their corrupt and out of touch party 'leadership' and place control of the 2 major political parties back in the hands of the American people...... Or we must create a viable alternative...... A 3rd and/or 4th political party that truly represents us and can go toe to toe with the Washington 'establishment'...... Kick their sorry butts and win elections. The 2-party system no longer works? Fine....... Time for more competition then./[QUOTE]

I agree with what you wrote about why we are in the condition we are as a country, but I don't see a path to get us back on track. The solutions you wrote above, I just don't see happening. Our country is veering off the path at an ever increasing rate, and I don't see any appetite in our citizens to vote in sufficient numbers to implement any of the things you wrote. Wish I did. In the mean time, power and policy is increasingly consolidated in the hands of the 'progressives'. God help us.
    Regards, Doug
    Last edited by Belair-o; 04-30-2019 at 07:09 AM.

Member #:3217
    The DUMocrats would love to have illegal aliens determine our elected officials! At that point (hopefully we aren't quite there YET?), we have NO hope...

Registered Member

Member #:2764
    Has anyone done the math on this... Would the cost of less illegal immigrants and easier border security actually pay for "the wall"?

Got to admit, when it comes to walls, China is way ahead of us. We could never afford one that good.

Member #:3217
    In order to 'do the math', one has to have all the figures! Choose your figures and do your math! The One America News (OAN) network posts the $COST regularly during their broadcasts... (ie. OAN is the most unbiased, although conservative in nature, news organization we have right now. They provide both sides of the facts on every issue!

Check this link for one organizations' calculations...
    https://www.watchdog.org/national/an...63af1f318.html

Yes, China was many hundreds of years ahead of us on a wall...

PS. I don't think it takes much 'math' to know that the total costs of illegal immigration is WAY MORE annually than the cost of a southern border wall...

Member #:3249
    I agree that it would be less expensive to build the wall than to keep all the guest voters in our country, but I doubt the Dems would go along, as they need the votes to steal elections from the citizens.
    Policies like driver's licenses for illegals have paved the way to corrupt our voting system. I don't know how we fix that, either.

I would argue that the wall is a bit of a distraction.
    I would like the wall built, but we also need the incentives eliminated: e-verify required by all employers, eliminate the current amnesty loophole for families from Central America, enforce existing immigration laws (i.e., seek and deport greencard holders that have overstayed their visa, ...).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast