Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Classic Edge Designs, LLC Prime Custom Cars, LLC MadMooks

Thread: I am going to install a 10 point+ Roll Cage in my 55

Registered Member 55 Rescue Dog's Avatar

Member #:2775

I am going to install a 10 point+ Roll Cage in my 55

I really want to add some much needed strength to my 55 camera phone 033.jpgcamera phone 034.jpgcamera phone 035.jpgcamera phone 025.jpg

Registered Member 55 Rescue Dog's Avatar

Member #:2775
    Tried to edit my post, and all of the text went away. Anyway I am trying to come up with a plan to install a 10 point plus roll cage in my 55, and make the car a little safer, and stiffer. I've been struggling since I started this project for a good plan. I talked to S & W racecars, and they were very helpful. I will probably use them for most of it even though I have a 1 3/4 mandrel bender from my last project, and can make some bars. I want to build the cage so it can be bolted to the frame, and free to lift the body if needed. My Camaro has a very stiff chassis, and makes you feel like part of the car. It took me 4 tries, and 40 feet of tubing for the main hoop though. I have a few months until a body shop can get me in, so this might be an interesting project to get started on while I wait even though there are plenty of other issues to address. It's a little like trying to build a ship in a bottle, and the windshield post dash area is hard to do and look good.
    IMG_5488.JPG
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 05-01-2019 at 05:31 PM.