Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Classic Edge Designs, LLC Prime Custom Cars, LLC MadMooks
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This Site

Member #:115
    Hope things are getting better for you Scorp.

I've noticed that despite the growth of this site in terms of membership, the same people always provide content. I call those who only come here to read what others post "takers" that contribute nothing to the site.

We had a poster leave recently because he said there wasn't enough content on the site and if it wasn't for the ten top posters, the site would be dead. He rarely posted anything of value and his project page is on another site. He is a taker. He apparently expected to be "entertained" by the rest of us while he provided nothing.

I also noticed that some posters have made their information "private". If you go to my profile you can see when I was last here. Some posters have removed that information for some reason, apparently to keep people from knowing when they've visited the site. I think that's pretty lame.

This site has its ups and downs, but you haven't seen any censorship here like you do elsewhere. You're free to post what you want, even politics and religion if that floats your boat. I can post hunting stuff if I want to, without being chastised and threatened for it. I want the site to grow, and the only way it will grow is if people post valuable, interesting content.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

You can see my 56 Nomad build here http://www.picturetrail.com/chevynut

For affordable C4 Corvette Suspension conversions for your car, visit http://www.classicedgedesigns.com

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax

Member #:1653
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post

I've noticed that despite the growth of this site in terms of membership, the same people always provide content. I call those who only come here to read what others post "takers" that contribute nothing to the site.

We had a poster leave recently because he said there wasn't enough content on the site and if it wasn't for the ten top posters, the site would be dead. He rarely posted anything of value and his project page is on another site. He is a taker. He apparently expected to be "entertained" by the rest of us while he provided nothing.

I also noticed that some posters have made their information "private". If you go to my profile you can see when I was last here. Some posters have removed that information for some reason, apparently to keep people from knowing when they've visited the site. I think that's pretty lame.

This site has its ups and downs, but you haven't seen any censorship here like you do elsewhere. You're free to post what you want, even politics and religion if that floats your boat. I can post hunting stuff if I want to, without being chastised and threatened for it. I want the site to grow, and the only way it will grow is if people post valuable, interesting content.
    I call his type, entitled.

Member #:3249
    Well, I enjoy this site, and the freedom to speak your mind. I don't contribute a lot, probably because I don't know a lot. I enjoy the friendship of the (small) group, and appreciate being asked to join. I check the site daily.

Member #:3611
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post

I think a lot of members of the other site that only lerk are afraid to post because they feel they will receive some backlash from the other site, I see a ton of views to the threads here but only a hand full of replies........

Registered Member

Member #:571
    Fortunately that kind of stuff has died off, as well as some of the problems we've had here. So it's quiet on both fronts. (Knocking on high grade plastic as I type!)

Member #:1653
    I suspect, that with new ownership and changing of the guard there, things here and there will progressively improve, the site will grow and become a place to really enjoy. JMHO

Registered Member

Member #:3360
    I for one love this site!!!! and have NO intention on going anywhere else. Thanks again to everyone here.

Registered Member 55 Rescue Dog's Avatar

Member #:2775
    Even though I have taken a beating here many times and even banned from the site, I feel much more comfortable posting here, than there. "Thank you sir, may I have another" Animal House 1978. My first memory of any car was the 1955 my Dad bought when I was 3, and I can't seem to let it go.
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 05-17-2019 at 05:11 PM.

Member #:3477
    Quote Originally Posted by 55 Rescue Dog View Post
    Even though I have taken a beating here many times, I feel much more comfortable posting here, than there. "Thank you sir, may I have another" Animal House 1978.
    Look at it this way RD, the beatings just make you stronger
    Scorp

Rides:

1955 Chevy 2-door Wagon
    1967 MGB GT
    1970 Honda Trail 70
    1974 Yamaha 175 Enduro
    2004 Tacoma 4x4

I lost my best friend on 10/3/2018. Rest in Peace Dear Lucy. I miss you everyday.

Member #:2941
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachGirl55 View Post
    I think a lot of members of the other site that only lerk are afraid to post because they feel they will receive some backlash from the other site, I see a ton of views to the threads here but only a hand full of replies........
    Agreed. Just as with so-called 'social media' of late...... There is a long history of capricious, arbitrary and selective enforcement of 'site rules' at sites such as TF.com and CT.

That is to say...... If your worldview and opinions conform to those of the moderator there who has been on a power trip for some while now...... You are golden. But if you hold other views such as traditional American values and have the audacity to voice them, threads are locked and at times, deleted......Your posts are anonymously edited...... Even though you may carefully word your posts to ensure they are not in violation of any site rules. The object being to silence opposing views rather than have a free exchange of ideas.

I have observed that people react in different ways to this sort of cyber bullying. Some will go along to get along. Others such as myself will rebel outright and have no further part of such a corrupt venue. And although it is beyond my understanding...... Others will walk on egg shells and attempt to take a middle of the road approach. Not really possible in my view, because in the end...... Inevitably, things come full circle at some point and they are again faced with 2 choices...... Go along to get along...... Or leave.

Best regards to all,

Harry

P.S. >>> Regarding why some do not post often on the technical forums here...... If someone else has already answered the OP's question, I generally do not post. What would be the point?

The other reason I seldom post on the technical forums is that I march to the beat of a different drummer than most. I am building a 292 inline 6 for my '57. Transmission is a heavy duty BW T-85 3-speed with OD from a mid-'60s Ford truck adapted to my Chevy bellhousing with an early '60s T-85 gear case from a Pontiac Super Duty car and an input shaft and front bearing retainer from an early BW T-10 4-speed. Brakes will be larger drum brakes from a '59 - '64 Chevy fitted with ceramic linings and drums will be cryo-treated. Will use chambered exhaust with 1/4 wave Helmholtz resonator side branch tubes for sound attenuation...... No conventional mufflers.

No crate engine. No bolt on kits. All hand fitted mods same as we did them before kits came along. I doubt that many here would be interested in such a build. So will post about it only if I have a question or to say that I have completed a particular phase of development or assembly.

HB
    Last edited by enigma57; 05-18-2019 at 05:26 AM.
    'G-d Bless The U.S.A.'...... Lee Greenwood......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_5aoptI5j0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast