Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Classic Edge Designs, LLC Prime Custom Cars, LLC MadMooks
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This Site

Member #:3249
    I like what you are doing, Harry........it's different. Good for you. Show us.

Member #:3477
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma57 View Post
    Agreed. Just as with so-called 'social media' of late...... There is a long history of capricious, arbitrary and selective enforcement of 'site rules' at sites such as TF.com and CT.

That is to say...... If your worldview and opinions conform to those of the moderator there who has been on a power trip for some while now...... You are golden. But if you hold other views such as traditional American values and have the audacity to voice them, threads are locked and at times, deleted......Your posts are anonymously edited...... Even though you may carefully word your posts to ensure they are not in violation of any site rules. The object being to silence opposing views rather than have a free exchange of ideas.

I have observed that people react in different ways to this sort of cyber bullying. Some will go along to get along. Others such as myself will rebel outright and have no further part of such a corrupt venue. And although it is beyond my understanding...... Others will walk on egg shells and attempt to take a middle of the road approach. Not really possible in my view, because in the end...... Inevitably, things come full circle at some point and they are again faced with 2 choices...... Go along to get along...... Or leave.

Best regards to all,

Harry

P.S. >>> Regarding why some do not post often on the technical forums here...... If someone else has already answered the OP's question, I generally do not post. What would be the point?

The other reason I seldom post on the technical forums is that I march to the beat of a different drummer than most. I am building a 292 inline 6 for my '57. Transmission is a heavy duty BW T-85 3-speed with OD from a mid-'60s Ford truck adapted to my Chevy bellhousing with an early '60s T-85 gear case from a Pontiac Super Duty car and an input shaft and front bearing retainer from an early BW T-10 4-speed. Brakes will be larger drum brakes from a '59 - '64 Chevy fitted with ceramic linings and drums will be cryo-treated. Will use chambered exhaust with 1/4 wave Helmholtz resonator side branch tubes for sound attenuation...... No conventional mufflers.

No crate engine. No bolt on kits. All hand fitted mods same as we did them before kits came along. I doubt that many here would be interested in such a build. So will post about it only if I have a question or to say that I have completed a particular phase of development or assembly.

HB
    I agree with Buster. Lets see this build!

Scorp
    Scorp

Rides:

1955 Chevy 2-door Wagon
    1967 MGB GT
    1970 Honda Trail 70
    1974 Yamaha 175 Enduro
    2004 Tacoma 4x4

I lost my best friend on 10/3/2018. Rest in Peace Dear Lucy. I miss you everyday.

Member #:2941
    Fair enough! Will let you know how its coming along. Just bear in mind that between my moving like the old man Tim Conway portrayed and working on a shoe string budget, this project is moving along like a thundering herd of turtles!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b5C...ajNc4s&index=2

Best regards,

Harry
    'G-d Bless The U.S.A.'...... Lee Greenwood......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_5aoptI5j0

Member #:3249
    Harry, that happens with a lot of us. It took me almost 12 years to get my 56 from roller status to dependable driver, due to health and money issues. The end result is worth the effort.

Member #:2941
    I understand, Buster. As with all things in life...... Its about the journey...... The doing of it....... Not about the destination. Live life's journey as you should and the destination will be taken care of.

Remember always,

Harry
    'G-d Bless The U.S.A.'...... Lee Greenwood......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_5aoptI5j0

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123