Hey CN-

I consider you the undisputed King of Wiring Complexity. So I would like your thoughts on something.

On the 2 door wagon, I just installed a set of vintage ADS 320 plates. I am a hoarder of all ADS Stereo, since my dad got me my first set.

Anyway, in this picture you can see that they are mounted in the tailgate. I had no issue with cutting it, after I saw the supposedly spotless gate was mudded everywhere. Plus Robert has gotten me motivated with his speaker work. These went right in with no interference to the latch rods (as they perch on 3/4 factory spacers). My question is on how to run the wire.

Attachment 9763

My thought is to dive through the rear grommet on the driver side, loom it underneath and then come up through the factory grommet hole near the hinges (dark spot in pic). However, then I need to go into the gate and I dont want the wires to pinch on open and shut. So I am thinking either flexible conduit of some sort or perhaps 3/8" rubber hose?

Trying to keep it clean and simple. The car is getting another set of either these or an old set of Boston Accoustics I have on the shelf. I am running them through a vintage ADS Powerplate with a vintage Alpine head unit. My Dad was in the stereo business and got me much of this stuff, so using the vintage equipment is a reminder of him- so no new stuff.

Any ideas?

Scorp